Hit the Ground Running

"Oh boy! Oh boy! This is gonna be great!" Moa exclaimed with sheer enthusiasm and gusto. "We can do whatever we want! We can stay up all we want, not have to answer to anybody but ourselves, eat all the junk food we please, watch all our favorite animes from sunrise to sunset..." Moa walks behind Yui, her arms wrapped around her body, head over her shoulder and whispers in her ear, "And since we're alone...having this whole house to ourselves...we can daku wherever and whenever we please. It can be in our room, in the morning, afternoon, at night--I can have you as my 'midnight snack'! --in the shower,bathtub, pool, jacuzzi, maybe in the kitchen..." Before Moa could finish her train of thought Yui slips out of her embrace and turns towards her. "Um...listen, Moa. I don't think I'm comfortable with doing those things. I mean...there's nothing wrong with it...I just don't feel okay with it. And if we're going to be roommates, we should respect each other's space. Each other's personal space." A confused expression came over Moa who didn't particularly like Yui's subtle rejection. "Do you love me Yui?" "I-I do...but I don't...love you....that way." Moa, then, placed her right hand on Yui's hip; crawling and reaching its way around to her lower-back. Her left hand caressed Yui's face. Her thumb gently ran across her lips. Her skin so soft and delicate, Moa found it hard to not give in to temptations.  Pulling her in, she closed the distance between their bodies. What looks like an attempt to kiss Yui turned out to be not. 

     In a whisper, with tears forming in her eyes, "Yui...I've been waiting for so long; for so....long to finally have this moment. The travels that we've had were supervised by other people. This damn idol contract forbidding me from being in a relationship. The distance from my hometown to your's were slowly killing me. I'm not crazy--you know I'm not. I'm being honest when I say I love you. I've given up on being with a boy. I don't even care if they're handsome. They're pathetic. Scum! Trash! These men don't even know how to properly court a woman they have an interest in! That--that kabe-don crap is garbage to me! Why would these hikkikomori and anime losers think that'll work on a woman?! Some try too hard to get a girl and inadvertently creeps her out! Others don't try hard enough and lose out on their opportunity! But I should also thank their sorry asses for being incompetent. Because of their doutei lives, I can rest assure that I will have you all to myself. I'm not afraid to express my feelings without it feeling wrong. I have no shame in saying I'm in love with you. I'm in love with your eyes, your lips, your cheeks, the mole on your right forearm--your entire body. And I. Want. All of it." 

     Uneasiness loomed over Yui again. "Moa, STOP!" She pushed herself away from Moa; tears were falling down her face. "Moa...please don't cry. We're best friends. If we become more than that, what's gonna happen when we break up? What if this relationship doesn't end on good terms? Everything that we have been through, all the trials and tribulations we have endured will all crash and burn." Yui paused to give herself time to think. It also gave Moa a moment to let Yui's words sink in. "We're twenty-five years old with the world as our playground to explore. I didn't co-sign these real-property documents with you just so I can be your plaything!" Silence filled the void between her pauses. "To be honest...I was hesitant to live with you because I just wanted to be with my parents and brothers in Kanagawa--my family. I wanted to be with them until they breathed their last breath. I almost lost my parents once and I am thankful that they did not leave me at a young age."

      Moa, in an emotional rage, interjected."Then let's assume that they died....when you're in your fifties or early sixties. What the hell are you going to do with your life then?! You're brothers aren't going to help you--they would already have families of their own leaving no space for you to live. It's natural for them to die. People die, plants die, animals die..." Moa makes another attempt at Yui. "These material things will perish. Everything in this world is temporary. My heart, however, is not. Even if I die and we're worlds aparts--realities apart--I will always love you." 

     Tired of this episode Yui slowly approached Moa and gave her a hug. It was a warm and loving embrace. "Let's stop this argument while we still can. I don't want this to be our first memory in this house." Before letting her go Yui kisses Moa on her cheek. "Come on, help me get the rest of these boxes out of the moving truck, yeah? "