Part 16

Davenport POV

The kids really loved having Adam, Bree, Chase, and Leo here. They are asking for advice from each other. AJ asking bree on tips about how to not get dirt tracks while super speeding. How Katara has more than one gentleman caller, and Bree asking how and Chase looking a bit mad. Bree and Katara were hitting it off and acting like real sisters. Adam and Jack are having their, "who's stronger" contests. Chase and Katara have been exchanging some really deep stares until someone interrupts them. Adam and Jack race AJ and Chase on piggy back ride while Bree and Katara got the t-shirt cannons and tried to knock them down. They were all connecting so well.

I felt bad for Chase because I know he wants them to go to the island with them. But I think they need a few more months here. They could use more months to adjust and get more friends but not like that Caitlyn. She was crazy. She followed Tasha to the island and would not leave. She "fell in love" with Adam. But I think AJ, Jack, and Wilson are a bit too protective of Katara. And Adam, Chase, and Leo weren't protective enough of Bree. Odd, but brothers are brothers. Douglas and I go crazy with each other. But then all of a sudden, Chase comes up to me.

Chase: Hey Mr. Davenport.

Hi Chase. What's up? Finally getting a new style?

He looks down at his clothes and scoffs.

No. I wanted to know if it is okay that Katara and I are going on a date tonight.

Why wouldn't it be okay?

Because she is living here, and we are like brother and sister since you "adopt" bionic kids whenever you lose some.

Oh. *sigh* Well, yes I would understand how it is awkward, but you guy have different DNA scannings. You aren't related to AJ, Jack, Katara, and Wilson.

Yeah, but we have the same creator.

I see your point, but it all comes down to how you feel.

I feel that you need to stop wearing the girls' leather jeans.

I MEANT ABOUT KATARA.

Ohh. Well, I really like her. She is the only other person on this planet that understands what it is like to feel like instead of a superior intelligence, to be brought down to just useless intelligence.

That is not true.

Oh really. Remember Hustle and Muscle.

Well, uh, point taken. But we got you Chuscle.

That doesn't count.

I'm sorry Chase. But it all comes down to how you feel about her. I know you both really like each other, so follow our instincts telling you to see where things go. You two seem like you were made for each other, don't mess it up.

Yeah. You're right Mr. Davenport. And I have the perfect date idea for us.

Oh yeah, what.

Me, Katara, planetarium.

Mmm, . .

For a picnic under the stars in a confined space where they can't fall out and kill us.

Try more romantic and less death defying.

How about we feed the pelicans at the zoo. They said if you stay long enough, you get to see the mates regurgitate the fish into its mate's mouth.

Uh, I don't think so.

Can't I just download a romance app?

No, it needs to be from you. Show her you care enough about her to plan a first date she will never forget.