It started to lightly spit down with rain as I parked in the driveway, not seeing Ryan's car anywhere, I was grateful for him being out, giving me a chance to speak with Leah without his interruptions. I got out of the car and walked up to the front door quickly my knuckles knocked against the wood before I let myself inside, almost bumping into Leah when her hands stopped me in my tracks with a raised eyebrow.

"I need to speak to you," being vague as I walked into the lounge, pushing her back with me, a confused look washed over her face.

And that was when everything came tumbling out of my mouth. I started with Ryan acting weird towards Amanda, to her old best friend getting her later this afternoon and to everything that has happened before, between and presently. I know the poor girl wasn't ready for my vocabulary diarrhoea, I just needed to get it off my chest, she did sit there and let me get everything out in the open without a complaint, then after I shut up, Leah just carried on looking at me.

I stood in front of her waiting for some advice, not having anything else to say. She puffed out her cheeks and let the air out slowly, her hand raking through her hair as she looked at me with a raised eyebrow and sympathy on her face.

"I understand that you are new to this, so I'm going to say this as nicely as possible, Bec." She began to say.

"Great." I breathed out and slumped onto the sofa, preparing myself for whatever onslaught was heading my way.

"Stop. Reading. Into. It." She spoke each word before finishing it with a laugh.

"I'm trying not to, I just, I don't know." I sighed, covering my face with my hands, still feeling her eyes on me.

"Right, let's go get something to eat, I'm hungry. We can keep talking." She muttered as she stood up from the sofa, her hands grabbing mine as she pulled me up to my feet when I showed no interest in moving.

Much like her brother, Leah was also food motivated and would never have a serious debate if there was not going to be food involved. I let her pick where we were going, funnily enough, she chose the same diner Ryan and I usually go to. This did not surprise me because their food was good, and their milkshakes are the best in this town. I have tried most of them, vanilla being my favourite, I'm not very fond of the strawberry, but the chocolate was good.

We decided to take the booth towards the back of the diner, already having ordered our milkshakes while I sat there and sipped on mine, Leah looking over her shoulder to see what I was looking out before she looked back at me.

Leah cleared her throat to get my attention so we could slip back into the conversation we were having back at home. I will be honest, she made me realise that I had forgotten the fact Chrissy and Amanda had a history together, with her knowing her mum and now the current situation and for me not to take it to heart or think too into things. Amanda is going through a lot right now, and having a support system was a positive thing for her.

However, following the last fight that I had with her, I remember that she threatened DeCeno. And now it seemed like with a click of her fingers, everything had been forgiven and forgotten, buried in the mud. Thanks to her, I have to keep my braces on for longer, I have a scar on my upper lip from where she split it after kicking me in the face with a cheap shot.

And just like that, nothing happened.

Leah said that she understood my point of view and why I was quiet and off guard but kept telling me to see it from her point of view. Remember that when her father passed away, Chrissy was probably the one who was by her side.

I guess Leah is correct though Chrissy was by her side through everything she had gone through with her dad, so maybe having someone familiar was making it easier for her. I know I need to cut her some slack and try to understand that what she is going through is going to be hard but yet, at the same time, as her girlfriend, should it not be me to be the one there to hold her hand and be her shoulder to cry on and to be her rock to lean on.