"Don't beat yourself up over it," I say, hoping I sound somewhat reassuring. "Anyone could've done that."

He nods, but I can tell his mind is in a million different places, and right here isn't one of those places. Not by a long shot. I put a hand on his shoulder, hoping to be helpful, but he jumps, and I pull my hand away.

"You're lucky Kane," Paul says, and I can see Kane physically perk up. "I brought a spare UCP for the express purpose of someone making a dumb mistake, but I didn't expect it to be you." Kane grimaces, but steps toward Paul, standing expectantly.

Paul reaches into his pocket, and his face registers alarm. He fumbles around his pocket some more, but soon his hand appears again, empty. I begin to move towards Paul as well, feeling my heart beat pick up suddenly. He can't find it, and I already know that even before he opens his mouth.

"Maybe I left it on my workbench," He says, swiping his hand across his temple.

"But there's a chance it's here somewhere?" Kane asks, and Paul nods. His face falls, and I can feel everything shifting slightly. We might get caught. I try to think fast, running through a number of ideas in my head. That's when it comes to me.

"What if one of us let Kane use our UCP?" I ask quietly, unsure if it's even an option.

"They know my men too well," Kane says. "They'd instantly recognize them and haul them away. It's not an option."

My thoughts begin to whir around again, and I realize what has to be done. Kane won't like it, and it is a plan with plenty of flaws, but it is a possibility. Maybe it can even get each and every one of us out of here without a hitch.

"They don't know me," I say, swallowing loudly. "I could give Kane my UCP."

"That's brilliant!" Paul says, smiling widely. He comes up to me, preparing to remove my UCP, but I hold up my hand. There's one other small detail that needs to be taken care of before I hand over my UCP.

"I need a new dress," I say, remembering that I was wearing normal everyday clothes underneath my UCP layer. There's no way I could possibly fit in wearing street clothes. Not only would that give me away, but it would also draw attention to anyone seen near me.

"First of all, I don't approve with this plan," Kane says harshly, but with a deep sigh he continues. "But it seems to be our best option. If you can find a way to get something to wear, I'll agree. The plan will go just as you have said."

I walk through the many crowds, still in my UCP form. So far I haven't seen my parents, and I hope it stays that way. For this plan to work, they have to be at home. I walk towards the front entrance, and walk quickly past the Government Agents standing guard.

I take a deep breath, savoring the fresh open air. I hadn't realized how warm and musky it had been in the mansion, and I suddenly feel slightly cold. I do as planned, though, and rush over to a bush. I find a clump of dirt and smudge it all over my dress. Amazingly enough, the dirt clings to the fabric as if it is a real dress, and I say a tiny thank you to Paul for his amazing idea to create such a wonderful little device.

I continue on, walking until I get to the block I need to be at. My block. I feel a small tug at my heart. Is there a chance, now knowing about my parent's distaste for the Government's ways, that maybe they stayed put. Maybe when the Government asked them to leave, they decided to stay. I feel the need to check out the house; see if my suspicions are correct. So I take cautious steps, heading towards the front door.

My eyes take in every detail of the house I used to call my own. Not much has changed, which only makes my hope grow. My hand hovers over the brass door handle, but I decide to press the small doorbell instead. I hear the small annoying buzz, even through the door, and grimace. No matter who answers the door, I can't back down now.