12

Kylie

It is Alyssa's birthday today, so I decided to wear something other than black. I had on a gray crop top on with denim overalls and white high top sneakers. I had my hair in a braid.

We are going to the Cullens' house after we go out for Alyssa's birthday. We are going to a nearby diner to cut her a cake there. We just wanted to go out for a little bit and celebrate Alyssa. When we get back home next month, mom is throwing me and Alyssa a late sweet 16.

"Did I forget to tell you how great you look?" Sammy asks. I turn around and face him. "Thanks Sammy" I say. "Just stating facts". Sammy is really cute, but I'm not worried about boys. What I am worried about is meeting the Cullen's. I know that they are easy going vampires, but I wonder how they will react to a witch and two mermaids. Aiden told me that they have never met any before.

Alyssa

We got to the resteraunt and got a table. The girl that I saw earlier was there with another girl. They looked alike. They both had blonde hair and blue eyes like me. We were all different shades of white though. The girl that I saw was a little more tan than me.

"Excuse me" I say. I needed to go to the bathroom. Phoebe followed me there. I told her about the girls. A few seconds later, the two girls walked in. They had serious looks on their faces.

"Are you following me or something?" I ask, with my hands crossed. Phoebe was next to me with her arms crossed also. "Do you not know what we are?" The girl darker than me asks. I shake my head. "Oh my god" Phoebe whispers to herself. "We are just like you" the other one says. "We're mermaids" The other one says. "I'm Isabella" said the one tanner than me. "And I'm Rikki" says the other one.

"Isabella? Rikki?" Phoebe asks. Her facial expression becomes soft. "Its me! Phoebe" she says. The girls' eyes go wide. "Phoebe? Oh my gosh!" Isabella says. Rikki and Isabella both hug Phoebe. They know each other? But how?

"Alyssa, these are my two long lost best friends. We grew up in the sea together." Phoebe explains. "Wow, that's crazy. H-how did you guys end up here?" I ask. Isabella shrugs. "We were sent here." Rikki says. "For?" I ask. "Just to check up like usual. My mother said there was to be mermaids at a concert this day. Its your birthday" she says, more as a fact. I nod. "Okay, well you found us! We'll keep in contact. We have to get back" Phoebe. Rikki and Isabella don't say anything.