Chapter 27

©All Rights Reserved

Happy New Years Eve everyone and to start off the 2016 is a new chapter that I've finally finished writing after many painstakingly horrible tries and fails. This is what I have at the moment and hopefully when I do decide to edit all that I've written, will be transformed into something I won't feel mildly ashamed of. 

I think everyone has been waiting for this moment. The very rare occasion that will give the readers a more in depth feel of the relationship between Alan and Chase. My fellow audience, I now present you with CHASE'S POV.

Chapter 27

(Chase's POV)

"Damn it..." I swore, sighing in exhaustion.

Leaning my head back against the black leather office chair, I rubbed the bridge of my nose and stared wearily up at the white ceiling. I couldn't concentrate on my work, which was strewn all over the tables haphazardly and piled up in uneven towers I wish would tumble down and disappear. The headache that's been pounding and growing stronger with every minute since I stepped into my office, battering my overly stressed brain, like a hyperactive child bashing on a drum set.

Last night was a complete and utter nightmare of constant swearing and threats thrown through my phone to the dumb shit on the other line. The incompetent fool could not do one simple thing and not mess it up. I don't know how many people i had to fire during the past week, but if i were to describe it in a general amount, i would say the amount of people can fill every nook and cranny of a school bus. I'm not completely heartless to fire someone for a small mistake. Second chances were given to some who really didn't do anything too bad to stress over, but even they threw out their second chance over something ridiculous. How many times does a person need to be reminded to triple check their work before filing it in? If they want to work in a professional setting, then they should get fucking learn to check their work.

And that's not even the biggest problem on my list. The whole break in is taking a toll on my psyche, but not because I'm concerned for my safety. After all, there is more to the story and I'm going to keep the dark bits hidden until it's absolutely necessary to reveal it. That does not mean I'm not feeling the guilt for not only lying to Alan about the break in (omitting information), but breaking the promise I made to be truthful to him from now on. I just got Alan to take me back and give me a chance to be his boyfriend, but I have no doubt that this little tidbit will either make or break the trust he has for me for good.

But how can I tell Alan that someone is targeting me because their real goal is getting to him? The curse of having such alluring beauty and sweet innocence; he unconsciously captivates both the good of the world and the filth that creeps in the shadows. I'm an example of the captured, the captivated, the charmed and enslaved. But it is not only his loveliness that hooks people in, but his inability to see that he is beautiful, his modesty and clueless nature of his own allure is the ultimate bait that anyone would happily snatch just to have those heavenly blue orbs, ones that remind those who stare into them a vast blue sky with sprinkled gold flecks similar to the sun. His tousled, slightly curled silver hair, looks so soft to the touch, like a pearly white cloud. Even his skin is something any girl would be envious of: pale and flawless and so smooth, you just want to caress it for hours and hours. Sure, he has scars that mar his skin, but those scars are ones that should be admired and worshiped like the survivor that he is. His scars show how strong and precious he is, how courageous he is to continue on with life and face the future with his head held high instead of ending it like others did. Most people would take their lives after facing something to a much lesser degree than Alan did, but no. Alan's a soldier, a survivor, a symbol of life.

When my life turned for the worse because of the guilt that consumed me for causing Alan so much pain, just the image of his smile and tinkling laughter motivated me to get off my dumb ass and do something with my life. I quit football to get away from the toxic atmosphere that drove Alan away in the first place and used all of my extra time studying, getting my grades up. Melissa and Cal didn't speak to me and ignored my presence for a few months, but after seeing how determined I was to better myself into becoming someone Alan would be proud of, they slowly let me integrate myself back into their lives. I definitely threw away all of the popularity that I learned was stupid and useless to begin with, rejected all of the people that wanted me in their pants, and applied myself more into my father's business, which surprised his arrogant ass. Once I was in college, I would travel with Leon, my butler and friend, to my father's company branches and absorb as much information and experience as I could while double majoring in both Business Management and Economics. During the free time that I had, I would look for any clues, any crumb of information of Alan's whereabouts, and rarely, any information I had was useful, but all lead to dead ends. It was odd how there was such scarce information about Alan, as if someone with a lot of power was behind the sweep. Even after eight years of searching with little to no leads, I never gave up, even though most of the time, I really wanted to. But thinking about completely giving up my search left me with a heavy weight of despair I know will crush me down, never letting me get back up.