Chapter 9

Hiya everyone. Sorry for the late update. I had some troubles with my midterms, which almost made me bald from yanking at my hair so much :P

Right, so on with the story! SHAZAM!!!

© All Rights Reserved

Chapter 9

(Sky/Alan's POV)

Hmm... why are eyes closed? Did I fall asleep somehow? I'm too tired to open my eyes, so I’ll just lay here for a little while longer. I'm still pretty tired. But how did I fall asleep? Did I not leave Jack's condo? Does that mean I’m in his bed right now? No, that can't be right. I remember Jack driving me back to my apartment, and changing into my scrubs. I also recall heading to the parking garage, going straight towards my car. Everything after is dark and murky, as if the memory's there, but my minds too fuzzy to see what it is.

So where am I? I think it's best to open my eyes and see for myself. But it's as if my eyelids weigh a ton; it wouldn't open. With all my strength and willpower, I finally got them to open into slits, letting in a tiny little line of vision. Everything was blurry so I couldn't see anything significant yet, so I continued to pry my eyelids open until they were fully opened. I slowly blinked a few times to get the funk out of my eyes and waited for my vision to adjust.

I am indeed lying on a bed, unless my eyes are lying to me about the ceiling I’m currently looking upon. Hmm, and this scent. Where have I smelled this scent? It seems awfully familiar. I know it, I do. The answer is at the tip of my tongue, but no matter how much I try to make that last push in my memory for the answer, it wouldn't budge. But the one thing that I do know is, I’m in some stranger's room. But why am I in here?

Then it hit me. The entire event at the parking garage flew in my mind, like a DVD on fast forward. I was drugged by that stalker. I can't believe I let my guard down. Why did I leave my guard down? Well now I have to pay the consequences because I’m in some strange room in who knows where. Great, just great. I'm probably going to die here by some random stalker who's probably some rapist serial killer. At least he let me keep my scrubs.

Where's Mochi? He was there with me, in my pocket and now he's gone. Did he run away or did he get killed by the stalker? I hope it's the latter and not the former. My little Mochi deserves to live, not get squashed by some crazy dude.

I hate this, really hate this. Why is it that I always get myself in these situations? Maybe I’m in shock or it hasn't really sank in yet because for some reason, I’m really calm about all this and thinking about all these things when I could be taking this opportunity to try to free myself and escape.

Now to assess my health. I slowly got up, not wanting to unnecessarily make myself sick if I quickly shot up to a sitting position. Inflicting unnecessary pains to myself is a waste of time and energy that could be used to escape this wretched place. I wiggled my toes, bent my arms and legs, then stretched everywhere else slowly, relieved that nothing's wrong or hurting. The only thing I have is a bit of nausea from the drugs, which will pass soon enough.

Now to scope out the room. It looks a lot like a hotel room, the most luxurious hotel room I’ve ever seen. The bed's really comfy and soft, like I’m laying on a cloud. Of course that's impossible since clouds are basically vaporized water condensed into what looks like a cotton ball. Anyways, back to the the assessment.

The room's pretty big, almost two times bigger than my living room with white walls and windows that took up almost one entire wall. It's covered with thick red drapes, blocking out most of the sun, but a few rays seeped through the openings, lighting up the dark room a bit. Sadly, the rays did not reach to the dark corners of the room, those spots almost pitch black. There are bits of furniture here and there, scattered in random places. I can't really tell what they are, but at least I know that there's something there.