♥30♥ The River in the Spring

Start from the beginning

However, the downside for Harumi was always spent and needed Kise to give her a piggy-back home. 

"I'm sorry you have to do this all the time..." 

"Don't mind, don't mind! Harumi-senpai can pay me back with home-cooking." 

"You brat, you have been aiming for this all along..." 

Though their weekend was like a cycle of repetition, neither of them wanted to change a thing. Kise enjoyed being with her and he wanted to keep her company since she lived alone. She never said a thing about being lonely but Kise somehow had a feeling that Harumi wouldn't mind having another voice in that apartment of hers. 

"Senpai?" 

"Hm?" 

"Can I stay over?" 

"Did you ask your parents?" 

"They won't mind. Besides, some of my clothes were left in your place anyway." 

"I washed them for you." 

"Hehe, Harumi-senpai is like my wife." 

"When are you going to put a ring on my finger? I am waiting." 

The two of them talked and laughed on the way to her apartment. Kise received stares from his fans but he was too engrossed in his and Harumi's little world that he did not care about what's going on round them. 

"Harumi-senpai, I watched some naughty videos and I really want to try them." 

"You really are a growing boy, huh? If it will hurt me, I won't try it." 

"Don't worry! I will take care of you~." 

Harumi has gotten to the point where she's very comfortable with him in the bedroom. She did not see the problem of getting in bed with Kise since consent came from both places. 

"Senpai, you are a lot less shy now, I am impressed." 

"How many times have we done stuff in bed? Of course I would be open by now. Other than that, I am surprised you're not tired of me." 

"I told you, I am not bored yet." 

"Will you ever be bored?" Harumi doesn't know why but she has been secretly wishing the blonde model will not ever be bored of her. That was a stupid wish; everything will come to an end, nothing can stay eternal. 

Kise can hear the masked sadness in her voice. He can only smile as he replied to her question, "I wonder if that day will ever come. I think it will be great if that day never comes." 

Harumi smiled at his words, hoping her little secret wish will stay eternal...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes in life, you can't always get what you want...

"This and that is my personal life!" Kise wasn't one to raise his voice at the workplace but he had to say something when it's completely stupid.

"Kise-kun, is not a big deal..." 

"It is a big deal! You're telling me that I shouldn't be seen with Harumi-senpai in the weekend!" 

"You giving her a piggy back and then going to her apartment, sometimes staying over, is not helping! We have complaints from Hanamichi-san's agents that you are being too close to the idol!" 

"B-but..." He doesn't want what he and Harumi have to end like this! "Harumi-senpai has been helping me a great deal in terms of basketball!" 

"You can play basketball with her but you need to limit down the time you are spending with her, that is what her agent is saying." 

"Why do I have to listen?" 

"Because you are jeopardizing  her image as an idol. Kise-kun, you need to think of a big picture here-" Kise's agent wasn't able to continue because Kise has the glare of a predator. 

The air was heavy until his agent received a phone call. The phone call lasted for a few seconds and then he quickly turned the TV on to see a live interview. 

"Harumi-senpai...?" Kise can see Harumi was wearing her contact lenses to disguise as Miharu. Kise looked at the bottom of the screen to see the title: Miharu resigns. Jaw dropping wasn't even the right word to use right now. 

Harumi made the decision to resign from being an idol. She's bored of it and she chose to step out of it. She has been going back and forth from Harumi to Miharu for 5 years straight. As Miharu, she's loved by her fans and her fellow idols from the same group as her, getting attention and the limelight she never got when she was at home. 

Playing basketball again and meeting the Kise Ryouta has made her think about a lot of things about herself, not as Miharu, as Hanamichi Harumi. She stared to love being Hanamichi Harumi rather than Miharu. As Miharu, she can't spend her time with her real friends and she always had to be careful of her every actions whereas Harumi can laugh as loud as she can and do whatever she wanted like a free bird. 

"I am resigning because I am bored." Harumi said to the many cameras on her, gasps over her blunt response coming from here and there. The attention I get as an idol may seem glamorous but along the way, there are many things that I am restricted to do all because I am bound by a contract. I became an idol because I wanted to see for myself what being in the limelight is like. I enjoyed it at first but I realized the limelight on the stage has a limit... I want to give up this limelight for a new one." 

"What is that new limelight you are seeking?" One of the interviewer asked, wanting a scoop of the sudden news Harumi was making. 

"To not be an idol but live as a normal girl with a normal life." 'I want to start living only as Hanamichi Harumi. Miharu may have the stage's limelight but Harumi has a limelight called 'The bonds of others'.' Harumi thought to herself, "I want to thank the staff and the fans who has supported me all this time..." 

"Oh no! Her agents must have pressured her to quit!" Kise's agent was in panic mode now, scared that people would start asking Kise questions about this. 

Kise on the other hand can see the lack of regrets in Harumi's eyes. He can see that she chose to drop out by her own will. He was rather proud of her in doing so...

"Oh well, I like Harumi-senpai more than Miharu anyway." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure you have no regrets?" Within the car Harumi was leaving in, Shiki was wondering if Harumi was really fine with it. "It's not like the public know you Miharu is actually Hanamichi Harumi..." 

"It's fine. I like being as Harumi." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah." Harumi took out the small compact mirror from her handbag and looked at the scarlet contact lenses within the reflection, "Harumi has things Miharu doesn't have." 

Harumi's cell phone received a message and she looked at it to see something that made her smile. 

From: Kise 

Subject: ^_^

Message: How about a one on one tomorrow at the usual place? After that, let's go on a date <3