Chapter 34 Unexpected News

We left the bunker, along with Captain Julia and her assistants, for three days now. The commander wanted to test my Titan ability somewhere where there won't be anyone to watch and spy on us, or where there shouldn't be. The first three days was just traveling. Jen couldn't handle it, sitting on a saddle all day for three days in a row. When we got to our destination, Jen flew off her horse and ran into the building. Like her self, she ran in there without considering if the building was stable or not.
"Idiot." I chuckled.

I looked at the building, and its structure.
"Are you sure this is safe for us stay?" I asked the commander. He finished patting his horse, and turned to face me.
"Oh yeah. It's safe."

We stood in front of the building for a few minutes, until the commander told me to get some rest. I nodded my head and walked into the building. When I got in, I saw that dust was floating around in the air from the sun light.
"Jen!?" I yelled. I walked around the castle for a while, but soon got very bored.
"JEN! GET YOUR LAZY BUT UP AND ANSWER!" I yelled.
"Geez, you are really annoying at times!" Laughed Jen. I turned around and saw her sitting on the stairs. I rolled my eyes and and stared at her for a few seconds, hoping to creep her out.
She giggled and said "Would you cut that out! That's creepy how you just stare at people.
"That's what I was going for." I said, sticking out my tongue.
"Well, good job!" Said Jen, giving a thumbs up.
"Anyway, c'mon. I finally found a room that's not going to drowned us in dust." Said Jen. I walk up the stairs, and follow Jen to the room she found.

We stand in front of the door way to the room, and look inside.
"Jen." I say, putting my finger on the wall.
"Yeah?"
"There's no difference with this room, and the others." I say, picking up my finger and looking at the dust on it.
"Yeah sorry, I lied. I picked it because it almost looks like the cabin we were in for our first time in the Training Corps. Except, there's only two beds." Said Jen, with a small smile. I really look around the room and say "You know what? I actually does." I say, smiling.
"Still giving the positive attitude a chance?" Laughed Jen.
"Yeah, I'm going to need it. Most likely we'er starting tomorrow, and I don't know what to expect." I said, as I tilted my head to face the ground.
"True, but that's not till tomorrow. If you don't mind I want to lay in bed until then." Said Jen as she jumped onto the bed. I walked over to 'mine' and laid down.

Besides only having two beds, the room was close to the cabin we stayed in for our first few years in the Training Cops. The room had two dressers with mirrors on top. Another difference I noticed was that there wasn't a bathroom.
"Jen?" I said as I stared at the ceiling. Jen looked over, and I started again.
"What do you think would happen if I never became a soldier or a Titan shifter?" I asked.
"Well, that's easy! You would have been a lot more boring." Joked Jen. I sighed, because that wasn't the kind of answer I was looking for.
"Sorry, I don't really know what to say about that." Apologized Jen. We laid in the two beds in silence for a while until Jen began talking agin.
"I guess you'd be still working at the market, or going to school. But you would have been living in lies, and not knowing how cruel the world can be. But that's not bad, it makes you more aware of what's going on. And you quickly react to things, and can think things through when needed." Said Jen.

I look at her, then back to the ceiling.
"I guess." I sighed. I rolled over onto my side facing the wall. I tried not to think about the next day, and maybe fall asleep. I closed my eyes, and laid there in complete silence. Finally I was able to fall asleep.

"Hey, get up!" Someone said. I opened my eyes and saw Jen leaning over me. I rolled my eyes and pushed her out of my way. I swing my legs over the bed and fall back on it. I stretch my arms and legs, sat back up, and waited for my vision and head to clear.
"What's wrong?" Asked Jen.
"Nothing, just got up to quickly."