Chapter 30 Traitor Captured

I open my eyes and see that Mariana's Titan body standing over me. I move my eyes down to see what I was in. My Titan body. My arms where lose, but my legs were still attached to the muscle. I looks up and see that Mariana is reaching for me with her hand.

Suddenly someone shouts my name.
"LILLY! IF YOU CAN MOVE, GET OUT OF THERE!" I look over to where the voices were coming from, and was shocked to see who was there.
"Hey! Lilly snap out of it!" Shaun yelled. I looked over to next to Shaun and see Jen. But she was holding two blades. I look over to the arm that was taken away from the avalanche, and see a metal arm glisten in the sunlight.
"You deal with Mariana, I'll get Lilly." Commanded Jen.
"Right."
The two split up, Shaun changing directions to Mariana and Jen heading towards me.

When Jen finally got to me, she started to cut out my muscle around my legs.
"Ok, I know I might not be able to talk, so if u can blink once for yes, and twice for no." Said Jen.
"Can you move?" Asked Jen while, while very carefully cutting the muscle. I blink twice. She nods her head and finishes getting me out. When she does, puts me on her back and launches a wire. Jen slides her blades into her holder, and holds onto me with one of her arms. She lands on a tree branch, and with her other hand she gets her flare gun. Jen puts in a can, raises her arm in the air and pulls the trigger. A yellow smoke flys into the air, and Jen quickly puts the gun away. Jen puts her arms around my legs to keep me secure, and my arms dangle over her shoulders. I'm guessing she is still holding the controllers, because she launches her wires and he leave the branch.

As Jen leaves the area, I begin the move my lips.
'If I can move my lips, a can probably talk.' I turn my head to see what cadets were doing around Mariana's Titan. Multiple cadets, including Shaun. are maneuvering and cutting the Titan. I see Mariana turn her head towards us, then started to swat at the cadets. One by one, cadets where killed.
"Stop!" I whisper, for that is all I can let out.

Eventually Shaun is the only cadet left, and Mariana slams him. I watch as he falls to the ground, with blood coming out of his mouth. When we hits the ground, I see dirt fly up in the air.
My eyes widen to his death, as Jen and I get away.
"Why, did this happen?" I asked.
"Just ignore it for now. We'll retrieve the bodies and give them a proper barrel. Focus on getting away first." Said Jen, continuing to launch wires to get away.
"How can you just say that?!" I snapped.
"You can't move, so I'm in charge now."
"Bull crap." I whispered.

I hear Jen sigh, and I turn my head to see where Mariana is. My eyes widen, and I quietly whisper to Jen "We need to go faster. At least 15 meters away."
"It's fine look forward." Said Jen. I ignore what Jen said, and continue to watch Mariana run towards us. I looked at her face, and she makes a creepy smile with her pointed teeth. I looks even closer to see that the purple liquid is leaking from her teeth. Her eyes start to glow again, and she begins to run a full sprint.
"Jen, we need to go faster!" I yell.
"Don't worry about it! Look forward!" Snapped Jen.
"Don't tell me to not worry about it! Mariana is getting faster! She's going to catch up to us! And if-"
"DONT WORRY! EVERYTHING IS
BEING HANDLED!" Jen yells.
I look at Jen's face and see a sweat drop rolling down her cheek, and that she has a serious look in her eyes. I look back at Mariana, she's now 10 meters away.

Suddenly Mariana's Titan makes a short scream, then collapses to the ground, making the it rumble.
"What just happened?" I asked, shocked.
"We'er near the wall. When we get you in a hospital, I'll explain." Jen replied. I roll my eyes and watch Mariana's Titan. I look to nape of the Titan neck and see two cadets pulling Mariana's body out. I take a closer look and see that Mariana's arms and legs have been cut off. Smoke begins to leak out of Mariana's wounds. She seemed to be knocked out, and had small markings around her eyes. One of the cadets puts a blind fold over her eyes, and a clothe in her mouth. They through her into a wagon near by, and let out a green smoke flare.

I saw Jen look over her shoulder then look back.
"Just a few minuets till we get to the wall." Said Jen.
"Where exactly are we?" Asked leaning my head on Jen's back.
"You've been missing for two days, Mariana has taken you back to the town we lived in when we were kids."
"Oh. I can't believe it's been already four years sense the attack, but I don't know if you remember me there during it."
"I got my memory back. turns out it was only a temporary thing." Said Jen. I smiled, and let out a small sigh of relief.
"Oh, I forgot! Happy birthday Lilly!" Laughed Jen. My eyes widen, and I couldn't believe that today was my birthday. December 22, for that year, it was the first day of winter.
"I haven't heard that sense we were kids." I said, looking over to Jen's face.
"Yeah, when we all turned 14 we decided to stop celebrating because we wanted to be more like adults. I miss doing that, and I figured you needed to be cheered up." Said Jen, smiling. I giggled a little, and began to think about the conversation we had when we decided to act more like adults.

"Ok, we'er here." Said Jen. She launches a final wire to the edge of the wall. We swing up the edge of the wall and land on the top.
"Can you stand?" Asked Jen.
"Yeah..." I questioned if I should of said yes. Jen nodded her head and began to put me down. I put one foot on the ground at a time, until I get my balance back from after the 'ride'.

As I look at Jen's back, I see the Scout's Regiment sign, the wings of freedom.
"Your part of the Scouts?" I asked, while letting go of her shoulders.
"Hm? Oh, yeah. Right after you were taken, we had to choose."
"Why the Scouts?" I asked, wondering why she would decide the regiment that would through away her life.
"It's the only way Shaun and I can get you back personally." Said Jen, turning her face to me, with a kind smile. my eyes widened, but then I lowered my head and closed my eyes.
"And his was already thrown away."

We stood there very awkwardly until Jen broke the silence.
"Oh yeah I forgot!" She walked over to one of the canons and got a jacket that was folded with the Scouts sign showing.
"Here, I knew you were planning to join, so I got for you." Said Jen, handing over the Jacket. I took the jacket from her and began taking off my Training Corps jacket off. As I was putting on the new jacket I asked Jen why it wasn't the northern jacket. The northern jacket was the very warm jacket we had to wear while we were in the freezing northern part of the kingdom.
"Oh, we aren't going back there. We'er told to keep you down here, y'know, the 'south'." Said Jen, rolling her eyes to the word south.

In the corner of my right eye, I saw someone coming from edge of the wall. I turn my head to see Jen's sister, Julia.
"Hey. You got that bitch?" Asked Jen. I quickly looked at her and noticed that her expression on her face changed into an anger. I look back at Julia as she replies.
"Yeah, me and my partner cut her out of her Titan skin. Her arms and legs are cut off, and and mouth covered. Every hour, what ever limbs grow back, we'll slice them off again. That way she won't have a chance to transform. Also she'll be taken far underground." Explained Julia.
"Who's your partner?" I asked.
"He's the assistant captain for the team I'm on. His name is Bobby Kriter."
"If he's the assistant for the captain, how is he your partner?" I asked.
"Well, that's because I'm the captain of my squad!" Laughed Julia. My eyes widen, I'd never expected for Julia to become a captain. Jen looks over to my expression and acts as if she can read my mind.
"I know, when I found out Julia got promoted, I was shocked too. I always expected a captain to be strong, and have like, 50 kills!" Laughed Jen.
"Well that's not why I was promoted!" Said Julia, sticking out her tongue.
"Then what was it?!" Laughed Jen again.
"Because I was the one who planned this, to get you back, and how to keep Mariana contained." Replied Julia, as if she was all high and mighty.

"Hey captain!" Someone yelled. I looked over to the edge of the wall and see a guy come over the edge of the wall using his maneuvering gear. He walks over, and stands next to Julia.
"We're ready to transport the prisoner." Said the man.
"Alright. This is my assistant, Bobby." Said Julia, looking over to Jen and I.
"Hi, it's nice to meet you." Says Bobby, sticking out his hand. I shake it and and say that it was nice to meet him to.
"We should get going, the faster we get Mariana chained up, the faster we can get answers from her. Said Bobby, looking towards Julia. She nods her and tells Jen and I to follower her. As we walk, I look over to Mariana's Titan corps. I watch as the flesh on the dead Titan evaporates and turn into smoke. As I stared at the smoke I made a small sigh, and said "I can't believe Mariana is a traitor to humanity."

Attack on Titan: The New GenerationOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara