chapter 1 packing and unpacking

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Ugh!" I groaned, slamming my hand down on the stupid alarm clock. I got out of the bed reluctantly and dragged myself to my bathroom. I hopped in the shower and thought about the day ahead. My three  sisters and I are moving to Florida to get a fresh start.  Today, we had to pack up all the stuff we would be bringing along with us when we moved. Quickly lathering my hair with apple scented shampoo and conditioner, I started my daily shower routine. I got out of the shower fifteen minutes later, feeling more awake and strolled into my walk:in closet to get ready for the day ahead. Sliding on some blue jean shorts that had rhinestones on the pockets and a purple tank top that had the word bitch scrolled across it in big bold letters.  After that was done, I then went back to my bathroom and looked in the mirror.

Some people say i am pretty. With my long, straight, chocolate colored hair, flawless tan skin, high cheekbones, and ocean blue eyes surrounded by thick long eyelashes, I guess they were sorta right. I am also tall, 5 7, with curves in all the right places. 

I braided my hair in a fishtail to the side and applied some light lip gloss and eye liner and shoved on my black vans. 

As I walked down stairs, I could smell eggs and bacon coming from the kitchen. In the kitchen was Jane.

She was tall, black haired, and blue eyed. "morning" I said cheerily.

"Hey sis," she said with a quick smile in my direction. "What's up?"

"I'm so tired."

"Aren't we all. But we have to get up early today if we want to pack all this shit and get out of here by tonight."

"I know," I replied, sighing. Jane was the oldest and maturest of us all. None of us have found our mates yet, which is a good thing because it makes it easier for us to pick up and leave without having any connections to this pack.  I sat down in the chair at the kitchen island and thought about everything I would be leaving behind when we left Ohio. My thoughts trailed to my parents. James and Lilly Smith were both amazing and loyal people. My mom had chocolate brown hair and blue eyes just like me. A lot of people say I look like her! And my dad had green eyes and black hair. 

They were both killed by rogues while they were trying to protect our pack in a rogue attack. Jane, Livi, Amy and I were all asleep at the time. Alpha Jackson found them ripped apart in a pool of blood and came to our door informing us of the tragedy at around four in the morning. Let's just say we didn't get much sleep that night! It was probably one of the worst days of my life! This happened about 2 1/2 years ago. Since then, we've been living on our own: Jane, levi, Amy, and myself. We all have jobs and make good money so we could keep our parents old house. It was not easy but we managed.

A tear dribbled down my cheek slowly. "What's wrong?" A concerned voice asked worriedly. I jumped, startled. I hadn't heard anyone walk over. Guess I got lost in thought. I looked up. There was my twin sister Levi. Like me, she had gotten my mother's chocolate colored hair. But unlike me, she had our father's green orbs.
"Oh, it's just you Levi! Don't sneak up on me like that! You scared the hell out of me." I snapped.
She just smirked. "you never answered my question. What's wrong?"
?Nothing much. Just thinking about mom and dad." The last part came out sad and broken, even to my own ears.

"Oh..." she said, hugging me. "Try not to think about them. We need strength in order to pack up all this junk that we've acquired."

"Yeah, I know." I replied, laughing a little bit. "I'll try."
"Are you going to say bye to Brit and Amber?" Levi asked.
I shrugged. Brit and Amber were my two best girl friends. We had known each other since we were in diapers. I guess growing up in the same pack kinda makes you grow close with the people around you. Especially if the pack is a small as mine. Our pack only had around 300 people so everyone that was in the pack were really good friends. We were all a huge family.
"I don't know if I should. What if they tell Alpha Jackson and he tries to stop us?"