Alex gave the car keys to Brian and asked him to bring the van closer while he took care of the tab.  When Brian drove up Alex informed his brothers that he and Cassy would be sitting at the very back of the van.  As it worked out, Ethan took a seat in front of them; and he put the shirt he had left in the van back on.  Cassy sat up and took a good look at Ethan and the shirt he was wearing.  Then she poked him in the back with a sharp finger.

“How dare you grow and fill out when I have gone to such a lot of trouble to get you properly outfitted?”  She demanded to know.

“Hey,” Ethan defended himself; “you should have waited first before just jumping at the chance to torture me like that!”

“Doesn’t bother me at all.  I will simply have to take you shopping again.  And maybe, just maybe; I will ask Lucinda-May to help me.”  She threatened him.

“Lucy.  She prefers Lucy.”  Ethan said with a goofy grin; smiling at nobody in particular.

“Oh yeah, and what does Rudi have to say about your hanging around ‘Lucy’ like a love sick little puppy, huh?”  Conrad asked, twitching his eyebrows wickedly.

“Rudi had something else on his mind so badly he hardly noticed anything else.”  Ethan confessed; knowing fully that as Lucy’s older brother, Rudi could have been a real nuisance tonight.  If he was lucky enough and Lucy was his mate, they would only be able to confirm that when either one of them changed for the first time.  And hopefully, Rudi and her family would not be too put out about it.  He sighed, and just like Alex, wished that all this nonsense about the pack could just be sorted out already!

Because Alex was both brother and alpha, he understood that sigh a lot better than anyone else in the van; so he stuck out his hand and ruffled Ethan’s hair amidst loud protest.

Seeing the way Alex interacted with his brothers and the easy affection he lavished on them Cassy knew for certain that he would be a great father to their kids.  He may, on occasion, refer to his brothers as ruffians or hooligans, but Cassy knew they were, all of them; sweet kids that did very well under the care of their brother.  Smiling to herself, she gently rested her hand on her stomach; and caught Alex’s happy grin at her gesture as he pulled her under his arm.  Cassy sat there quite contentedly until they got home while Alex caressed her neck, shoulder and arm with his fingers, occasionally kissing her ever so lightly in her neck; building up the anticipation in her with every touch and warm breath on her sensitive skin.

As everyone tumbled out of the van when they got home, Alex announced that he and Cassy were going to have a run.  Alone!  While the rest of the group entered the house, Cassy and Alex stripped quickly and shifted.

While Alex gave his brothers a few orders; the most important one was to not break the house down; Cassy pranced around eagerly, swishing her tail in his face, making him growl at her playfully.  When he took longer than she anticipated, she stood closer; once again admiring the fine specimen he was.  Suddenly; feeling very frustrated, she sent him a short ‘SMS’ through the bond they shared; and was gratified to see his legs almost give in under the blast of sensuous lust, need and flashes of remembered pleasure she had received by his hands.  Before he could fully recover she made a beeline towards the woods and disappeared amongst the dark green that so reminded her of his eyes; Alex hot on her tail, literally.

Much later the two of them, still in wolf form jogged into an opening.  They had been following the sound of running water upstream, and now Cassy could just-just make out the splashing sound of water falling.  They moved out of the protective cover of the forest and into the moonlight up a slight rise.  When they got to the top, they looked down onto the most serene sight Cassy had ever witnessed.  Here the river was broader, forming a lighted pool as the moon shivered and shimmered onto the surface where the water cascaded into its depths from above; forming a slight mistiness that was almost mystical in its beauty.