22- Lose the shirt

Cassy woke up at her usual time with a heavy weight over her waist that made her feel protected and cherished.  She twisted her face to look up into Alex’s sleeping face.  Strange that he was still sleeping, Cassy thought; though after last night, she should not be surprised at all.  She did not even bother hiding her delighted smile at the memory; but frowned when she also recalled that he had been mad at her for not letting him know he was her first.

He had gone back and forth between being mad at her to being thrilled about it in such quick succession that she got whiplash from his changing emotions.  Then he had tortured her as punishment for not saying by making love to her so meticulously that it drove her to begging him for release.  She blushed; feeling her body tingle all over at the memory that had her begging him like that and made a mental promise to herself that she would be returning the favor one day.  That is as soon as she became the master over her own body again; but judging at her response to his touch, she doubted that it would be very soon.

She let her eyes wander down his body, taking in the broad shoulders, his arm was slung across her waist, so she couldn’t see his mark yet and she clicked her tongue in agitation.  The females got their ‘mated’ mark from the bite they were given by their mates.  Of course it healed over, so it was not visible to humans, although it was still clear as day to the sharper shifter eyes.  Added to that; there was also the change in a claimed female’s scent; so in truth it could be described as having two separate indicators that they were mated.

Males only got their mark once the mating had been completed in full.  Only difference was that their marks indicated rank and strength as well as their mated status.  Rank is indicated by how fully the outline of a wolf appears while the strength is indicated by how close the mark is to the heart.  The weaker bloodlines have only the barest outline of a wolf head or torso on display, and an alpha of such a pack, would most likely have a little more of a wolf body to his mark, but never a complete wolf, unless his mate improves his ‘standing’ so to speak, that is why males do not have marks before the mating process has been completed.

Cassy’s father and brother have full wolves on their pectorals, which indicate to any shifter that they have a very good bloodline as well as that they are strong.  This is also helpful when wolves meet for the first time; and that is also why it is considered polite to walk around without a shirt so that their marks are on display for other males to see and know what their rank is.  Their status as a mated wolf is indicated by the mark, and the position is a testament to their strength, while the mark itself indicates their position and status.

She sighed softly and tried to worm out from under his embrace without waking him; he needed his sleep if she wanted a repeat of last night’s performance tonight.  Even asleep, he noticed the slight movement and he growled softly; tightening his grip around her and pulling her closer.  Cassy let her hand caress the hard planes of his chest that she could reach, and with a contented rumble that nearly resembled a kitten’s purr, he lay back; allowing her hand to move freely.  That is when she noticed the mark and she could not stop the tremors cascading through her body.  His mark was on the inside of the pectoral muscle, nearly on top of the sternum.  And the wolf form was even more complete than her father’s.  All four legs AND the tail were clearly visible!

Her wolf went crazy!  Panting and lusting after her powerful mate so badly that Cassy felt shaken by the intensity of this desire coursing through her; her wolf was thrilled that they were mated to such a fine specimen of their kind.  Lust consumed her and her body reacted in the most basic way, indicating her desperate need to couple with him again.

She noticed Alex’s nose twitch; noticed his chest rising with a deep breath, inhaling her scent.  For a short while she was appalled at what he must think of her and the state she was in; but soon she couldn’t care as her need became more and more urgent.  Mercifully his eyes snapped open; staring at her with his eyes almost black and Cassy felt with a gleeful satisfaction that his body had a very strong reaction to her scent.  He tried to calm himself down, but the longer he stared in her eyes, the more she could feel herself aching and lusting for him; until he could bear no more and he took possession of her welcoming body in one swift move.