"Can I get you anything?"

Start bij het begin

"I saw the punch you threw. That was a well practiced hook. Maybe you should consider moving up your game. I could help you." The bookie, she later was introduced to as Robert had said to her over a drink and Karlie's eyes had lit up. It was her first big break and she wasn't going to back down.

Kloss was glad she had taken that jump and as the years passed, she moved up to the top of the chain. She mostly fought women for the entertainment of perverts and gamblers but she also had the enjoyment of choosing to fight with any big fighter that didn't mind hitting a woman. Again, not saying that society isn't completely twisted but it was and Knockout knew how to make her living out of it. Especially when she was yet to encounter someone that could take her down. And she hoped she didn't have to.

As Knockout was going through this usual chain of thoughts, she spotted Robert walking towards her, with a small paper bag in his hand, showing his range of yellow teeth as he grinned.
"You did great tonight, the crowd loved the extra punch to the referee in the end. Really had them in splits. You're good entertainment, knockout. Here." He said, handing her the bag that Karlie knew was the winnings from the fight.

"Sixty percent as usual." He stated, smiling at her as Kloss quickly took it under the counter and counted the green bills.
Seeing as the money was as he said, Karlie grinned back at him, pouring him a nice glass of scotch as always.

Robert was a brilliant customer at the bar and as close as a father figure she had although he mostly worked as her manager. He was an old man with silvery hair and yellow teeth but a kind face with grey eyes that turned to steel when it came to business. Over the years, he had kept his promise and dealt with all of the fight related problems and sometimes even gave her sound advice in terms of other crisis. Karlie adored him and respected him since he was honest when most people in this industry hadn't even heard of the quality.

"Any interesting customers tonight? Or maybe clients?" Robert asked, taking another swig of his scotch. "Nada." Kloss replied, scouring the room again.
"Just the usual slime." The fighter laughed, before her eyes landed on someone walking towards the counter, looking dead at her with piercing blue eyes.

The loud music didn't seem so loud anymore as she curiously watched this person get closer to her.
Karlie could finally see her face clearly as she took a stool at the counter.
"Well maybe you're wrong." Robert remarked, snapping Karlie out of it.
"Huh?" Karlie asked, puzzled, tearing her eyes away from the girl that had just arrived. "Go see what she wants." Oh, yeah Robert Golovkin was very much a part of the city's Russian Mob. An all around mentor, that one but at that moment , he looked as if he'd seen a very famous celebrity step in.

"Okay." Karlie replied, before returning her gaze to the woman. She briefly gave her a once over as she was looking around the bar at all the people.
Not only was she the owner of those piercing blue eyes that could get anyone's attention, she had blonde hair and it was cut pretty short to seem fun, although the rest of her demeanour made her seem rather broody. The mysterious girl was wearing a black dress that showed off her pretty much perfect body and long legs. She looked like she was about 5' 10" and very much like a model with the chiselled face and beautiful features. Except, her eyes held an expression she couldn't read.

Interesting.
What is she doing here?

Slowly approaching the woman, she took in her appearance once again. As normal as her outfit was, she pulled it off too well.

Then again, I bet she'd pull off even a pair of pajamas and a bra. Woah, there.

Karlie, surprised with her thoughts, shook her head just as she was close to her. Putting on her usual bartender face , she asked "Can I get you anything?" The girl's eyes met Karlie's as she assessed her before smiling and giving her a firm nod. "A stiff vodka martini please. Make sure it packs a punch." She breathed, looking right at Karlie who felt something jolt through
her as those blue eyes pierced her again.