Chapter 2:

During my reawakening into my new life I was given a power. It gives me a low ranking of a level II, the roman numeral for two but its a gift none the less. I was given what is called Aura Perception, I can see a person's dreams, their ambitions and certain moments in their life. It's a low ranking power because it can be fooled into seeing something that isn't real or true.

The boy sitting next to me, his name is Heath Phillips, almost eighteen years old, top of his class for English and Biology, one day he hopes to be a teacher. His most satisfying dream though he will never admit it will be to become a father. His biggest fear is...

Wait, what?

I can't read him anymore, it's all gone blank. It explains a lot though, everything is too easy to find out about him because he places it all o the surface. Clever boy, I doubt he realises he is doing it though.

"Can I help you? " Heath noticed that my mind was absent and his soft, round brown eyes gave me a look of concern.

"Actually I think you might be able to" I scanned his uniform.

His smile became a goofy one again to maych his slightly messy hair.

"What school do you go to?" I asked.

"Parkerson High. It's the only one in the area" he replied.

"Still?" I was surprised.

"Yeah are you enrolling or something?"

"Oh god I hope I don't have to stay around for that long. Im looking for someone, she's an old friend of mine" I smiled warmly so I wouldn't seem suspicious, it was too far from the truth.

"Do they have a name?" He laughed at the way I was beating around the bush.

"Rebara. That's her last name" i said that only because I don't know what she is calling herself now days.

"I know a Mae Rabara, she is in my grade" he replied easily.

Jeez, if thus kid hands out infomation that easily to anyone, I don't know how Mae has been able to stay here so long.

"Yes that's her, do you know where she is?" I wondered.

"Yeah she's probably sitting at her usual table at the cafe bybthe station. Its at the next stop where the rest of us get off, you can come with me if you want" he offered.

I smiled and stood up to get off the train.

"I'm Heath by the way, what's your name?" He followed me as I walked to the door.

"CJ" I replied.

"That's all i get?" His jaw dropped slightly.

"That's all you need to know" I smirked as we walked off the train.

It took me a bit longer than some of my past attempts but I was able to recognize my friend, even after all the decades we've lived through.

I still remember the day that I was told what her life was like before her new lkfe claimed her. She was envolved in the era of the American slave trade of Africam people, she was tormented everyday until it all changed. I still wonder if she believed she was saved or given a fate that was worse.

"Hello Mae" I spoke as Heath walked me over, her head shot up instantly as she recognized the sound of my voice.