Chapter Eleven: No Escape

Start from the beginning

   He stepped inside the doorless office and saw an old monitor, it was covered in dust and webs and its casing was eaten away by rust. He pressed the button to turn it on and to his surprise, it was still functioning despite it being left to rot here for more than two decades.

   The screen displayed a static and distorted video feed of the main dining area, he could make out the old destroyed show staged and the collapsed tables. He then pressed a button on the side of the monitor and it switched to Cam 2B which was the left hallway beside the office. Upon looking closely at the video of the hallway, he saw a black poster with a closeup of Fredbear's face pinned to the wall in full view of the camera's coverage.

   Then the pain on his head soared once again as more images flashed in his mind, mostly the face of the golden Freddy and its low but discomforting growl along with a faint scream of a woman. He shook his head as more images of the dead children filled his mind, all of them were reaching out to him.

   He was no longer in the office. He was back inside the yellow suit. He looked through the eyeholes and there, the five animatronics stood, staring at him dead in the eyes. He watched the puppet get closer to his face.

   "You're close." The girl's voice came from it, "Hurry."

   In a flash of light, he was back in the office and on the ground. He hastily stood up still with his hands on his still-throbbing head. Nick reached for the button and switched the camera, it now displayed a live recording of the pizzeria's basement where he saw Jodi waving at the camera before looking around the place where there were rows of old lockers. He watched her go around a corner then reappear at the other end.

   He moved to another section of the place: Cam 1C.

   The feed had more static compared to the others and Nick could only make out the torn purple curtains of the Pirate's Cove. He tapped the screen with deliberate force and the static went away.

   His blood ran cold, behind the curtains a figure stood, looking directly at the camera with its glowing eye and menacing grin. The figure slowly leaned forward into the light, revealing itself inch by inch:

   Springtrap.

  "Shit." He jumped as the screen went static again, the evil animatronic was no longer behind the curtains. His chest thumped as he frantically began flipping through the sections of the pizzeria. He kept on searching until he found it standing near the basement entrance.

   "No, no, no." He trembled and gasped, noticing that the time on the upper left of the screen was three minutes late than his watch. "JODI!"

___________

   Jodi had split up with Nick to look for the puppet, with her checking the bathrooms while he went backstage. Her thoughts were clouded by fear and anxiety as it was dead silent, only the sounds of her heels echoed inside the comfort room at every step she made.

   The once white tiles had turned to yellow, they were either shattered or missing, it was also heavily vandalized, painted with warning signs saying:

NO ESCAPE

SAVE YOURSELF

CURSED

   She glanced at the shattered mirror and saw her own reflection: a young woman wearing black t-shirt and bloodied white skirt, she was drenched by the rain, her brunette hair was messy and so was her makeup as her mascara were washed down the sides of her face.