The Beast's Weekness

Chapter 15

"When you look at her now Will, who do you see?"

That is the question the cannibal asked. Will Graham knows that Hannibal is taunting him again and he knew very well that he had set another good deck of cards for them to play, but he has to win and find something, for the life of his beloved friend is now at risk.

"You know what I see Hannibal" He bluntly said while it's clear that he is now throwing daggers at him.  "You've been talking to the dragon, what did you say to him?"

"Save yourself, kill them all. And then I gave him your home address" The cannibal proudly answered which made him more exasperated.

"I should have known, for your cards are beginning to be visible" As Will said those words he inserted the letter the Dragon gave him last night to Hannibal Letter's cell.

The cannibal studied the letter and was puzzled to the words the dragon made, surely he was sure that only Molly and her son were the only ones who are at home but could it be that there's someone else that the dragon took interest and took him or her instead.

"Before he disappeared he was able to kill a motorcyclist but that letter is not pointing to the one he killed but to someone else" Will said while he was containing his rage. Hannibal callously listen as Will blabber word full of hatred. But as for Will even though he know that Hannibal wasn't actually listening to his words he shouldn't give up, he have to make him talk but how?. And then just that, he finally draw his last card.

Will put the folder that he was holding since he went to visit Hannibal to the stainless case, in hopes that he will cooperate somehow. Hannibal then took the folder and put it in his table. As he opened it, a picture of a cut hand was the first thing he saw. He then looked at Will like he's already asking him questions.

"That hand was found after we return to the cabin. Apart from that, another note was posted on the wall. The picture is also there" While Will was explaining, Hannibal was finally skimming to the pages and the pictures. Hannibal then look at the note from the picture.

It reads:

   This is my gift from you Will Graham,
Fear not of what you see, for what is visible to you isn't what you should be afraid of.

"He's such a generous man Will, he is actually giving you some clues" Hannibal then took the picture of the note and the hand once more but this time something caught his eyes. In the hand was a familiar ring, a ring that belongs to someone he know very well and he knows he can't be wrong about his speculation. He was actually the one who gave that precious ring. At that very moment his mood changes. The once callous man turn into a fearing beast. He looked at Will trying to contain every fiber of anger flowing into his body.

"This will be the first time I will inquire something that is not about you Will but we both know that you already know what will be my question" The dominance on his tone was now fearing and this send chills to Will's spine. Will Graham was now facing the Devil himself, a ferocious beast contained in a cage but now even when Hannibal is still in that cage, he can feel him holding his neck while taking his very soul.

"Why?" The cannibal asked, but Will can't find his words. Hannibal then took a step forward while he clenched his fists in anger. "Why Will?!....answer me!" At this very moment the Devil let himself be free his person suit was now taken off and his fury was now felt across the room.  Hannibal was now in pain, angry at him for dragging her into their messy game. He done so much effort just to make sure she  will be safe from harm but at a blink of an eye, every effort he had made just for her vanished into thin air.

There was only a time when he became like this, when he was still young. When his beloved Mischa was killed and cannibalized in front him. At that time Aušrinė was still young and that time he swore on his life to protect her and that's when the person suit was first weaved. After he escape he thought that he failed Mischa and Aušrinė for he knew that it's impossible that Aušrinė may survive to the clutches of those brutal men. But when he saw her at the Opera House three years ago, he knew right then that he was given another chance to fulfill what he swore before. But now after seeing those photographs, fear and anger was now taking control of his body. How can he be so foolish not to think that this situation may occur?, that Aušrinė may be put into danger?  But it's all too late now, it had happened. She was now at the grasp of the Dragon and he knew that her death will soon be set into motion. He is now thinking of what may happen to the poor woman. He then took the steel table and threw it across the wall. Chaos was now in his cell, he is ruining the drawings he once made before and throwing every book he owns. Total destruction can be seen but this wasn't the worse, for the worse damnation is what he is feeling right now.

Will looked at the creature in front of him, but now he can't quite comprehend what he was seeing. He knew that Valeria cares a lot when it comes to Hannibal but what he is seeing at this very moment was surreal.  He can see his anger and fury  but what make him wonder is why his person suit was now worn off?. He knew that Hannibal would never let himself slip away like that but what made him more shocked was the least he was expecting to see.

The Devil let his tears finally flow.

At that moment Will finally understood Valeria's true value. She was not a nobody but instead she was something he can never imagine. She was Hannibal's sanity, She was the true Bride of Frankenstein, the woman Bedelia was mentioning about. The one who truly captured the Devil's heart. She was the beast's weakness and the one who was able to tame it. As he watch Hannibal do damage at his cage he can't help but to feel pity of him. He knew that he should be mad or possibly loathe Hannibal for what he did to his family but somehow he can't help but to find remorse in his heart because he felt that kind of feeling, that certain kind of feeling that Hannibal was now suffering from. This is the Reign of Terror for Hannibal, the moment that the darkness finally took his very soul.

~~~~~

Hi!... Sorry for a short update but I have to make it that way for this will be a little nasty in the next several chapter...

So what do you think of this new chapter?

Comment and Votes  will be much appreciated

missSigyn_14