Hannibal's Game

Chapter 13

"Are you ready to talk now Hannibal?" I asked him while pacing back and forth. I was now back in here after ignoring his request for a couple of days.

I wasn't actually planning on returning in here after my confession with Will but Hannibal was actually consistent on sending me his letters and to be truthful it is almost everyday that a FBI agent is visiting my household. I actually thought that it's their new job now, to be his messenger.

"Why are you so eager to get out Aušrinė? Do you have another appointment that is more important than to see me? Maybe you are seeing someone?" He teased, but I know better. You want this kind of game Hannibal? I'll let you play...

"So what if this someone is much better on being a good company rather than you, what will you do about that ponas?" As I challenge him, his eyes darken. His once maroon eyes is somehow turning into crimson red.

He suddenly slammed his fist in the glass cage which made me gulped."You wouldn't try that if I were you ponia!"

"Oh!, someone's angry..Jealous are we Hannibal? but I think you forgot a small detail about our little romance" I said and his face turn into a confused look.

"Oh it's so unfortunate that you quickly forgot, it just been three years right?"

"What are you possibly blabbering about woman?"

"Should I tell her Alana?" I asked the woman who is actually in the room but didn't bother to speak since we saw Hannibal.

"I guess you should Valeria, he has the right to know" I smiled at her answer, she really knows when to enter the conversation and make a statement that is quite believable.

"Very well then!" I clapped my hands while walking closer to the glass cell. Hannibal then took the opportunity to smell my scent up close.

"You lost me the moment you try to take my life!.." I said to him and I touch the glass cage. My once calm state was quickly changing. "You lost me the time you chose to stay with someone else's company" I said looking behind me where Alana was. I've forgiven Alana for what happened but I'm just using this opportunity to wreck up Hannibal's heart if I will be successful to it. "You lost me when you didn't go after me when I walk out of your house!" I put a smile on my face and looked at him eye to eye. "And you lost me when our child died"

I then walked back and see if I did inflicted him with my words but he remained as he was. His face was blank clearly showing no emotion even with my best efforts to make his feel quilt but what surprised me most when he laughed hysterically. He then look at me with anger in his eyes.

"I never lost you Aušrinė, because if I did you should have been dead before you set foot and hide in London."

I was puzzled at his statement. What could he possibly mean by that? He notice that I was now having a battle with my mind and decided to end it with clarification.

"When you board the plane who do you think was the one who bumped into you mistakenly?" I then remembered the time when I was finally leaving Baltimore, a man bumped me and said his apologies.

"In your favorite coffee shop, who was the one who drop his handkerchief? I remembered a man with a thick scarf walking pass my table in that very coffee shop and drop his handkerchief. I actually followed that man just to return his belongings but I didn't saw his after. And the handkerchief was still with me up to now.