thirty five

i am so sorry

highly suggest the song on the side

{MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING}

••••

Friday

The morning sun is actually really harsh, and it's burning my eyes when they flicker open. Luke must've left the blinds open, but who can blame him after the night we had.

Luke was a little.... desperate last night. It wasn't necessarily uncomfortable, but he acted like it was the last time he'd ever get to touch me. It was like he would die if he didn't kiss or caress every inch of my skin. I'm pretty sure we damaged the wall behind the headboard, or at least woke up the neighbors.

I sit up, and wince when there's pain in my lower back and inner thighs. I prop myself up on the headboard, closing my eyes and rubbing my hands over my face.

I grab the glass of water from the bedside table that I had gotten in the middle of the night, and chug down what's left of it. My throats pretty sore. My neck is too, evidently, because when I reach up to rub the side of it it feels like I'm pressing on a bruise.

I look down at Luke, smiling when I find him on his stomach, half of his face buried in the pillow. He's still asleep, not surprisingly, and I reach over to run my fingers over the dark red scratch marks down his bare back. He doesn't stir.

I yawn, and slide out from under the covers, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed and standing up. I half walk, half limp to the bathroom, shutting the door and turning on the light when I get in. Sure enough, when I look in the mirror there's several large hickeys running up the side of my neck, some a deep purple in color and looking suspiciously like bite marks. There's also fingerprint-shaped bruises on my hips, and they're tender to the touch. Sighing, I walk over and turn on the shower, stepping into the spray and tipping my head back at the soothing feeling on my spine.

I take my time to wash out my hair and body, making sure to massage my scalp and neck well. I feel really refreshed when I get out, drying off and pulling a towel around myself before I exit the bathroom.

"You took a shower without me?" Luke's sleepy voice mumbles from the bed while I'm rummaging through my bag for some clothes. I look back at the bed to see him propped up on one elbow, groggily rubbing his eyes.

"You were asleep, lazy butt." I laugh, finally settling on some black leggings and a dark grey Digital Daggers tank top. I drop the towel with my back to Luke, dragging my underwear up my legs slowly just to torture him before pulling on a bra and the leggings, getting the shirt on last.

Luke groans from behind me, and flopping back onto the bed with his face in a pillow. "You kill me, you know that?"

"My pleasure."

Luke watches me while I walk around and pick up our discarded clothes from last night, throwing them into the laundry bin, his face still half hidden in the pillow. I then walk into the bathroom and comb my hair out, braiding it down the middle before tying it messily behind my back. When I'm done, I head back into the room and climb onto the bed, crouching down so my face is inches from his.

"Come on, love, get up. It's almost noon."

"Don't want to." Luke grumbles, opening one eye to peer up at me hopefully. "Cuddle?"

I chuckle and lean down to peck his nose, before crawling off the bed, much to his dismay.

"Come on, Luke, you had plenty of cuddles last night. You need to get up." I tell him, opening the door of his bedroom. "Meet me downstairs, babe, I'll get your medicine."