twenty two

pls don't hate me i've had all of this planned from the beginning

also, BLACK FAKUCKING HAIR MIAECHAL NO OH HELLTOA TO THE NO HE SHAOILNT HAVE THE RIGHT

that is all

|may be mistakes|

•••

With the weeks lining up after the asylum being relatively happy and carefree (although filled with awkward moments, Luke having to climb out my bedroom window and us trying to explain everything to everyone and all), I almost forget about Luke's dementia.

The signs are subtle at first. Just little headache complaints and silent pain every once and a while.

Then, they turn into bigger things. Worse things. Panic attacks, screaming, zoning out at random times, isolation, hostility.

It's painful to watch, really.

The first sign that things are starting to get really, really bad comes only two weeks after the asylum.

The boys, Ally and I decide to head out to one of the clubs downtown, to celebrate graduation in a few weeks and just let loose for once. Since the asylum, the schizophrenia has dissipated considerably with the medication, and I almost feel normal again. The school years winding down, cold weather fading into warm, and everything seems to be getting better with each passing day.

Seems.

But of course, just like everything else in life, good things can only last for so long before everything comes crashing down.

It's that night when I realize something. Luke's life is like a roller coaster. When you get on you're either excited or scared or both, and when it starts everything seems ok. You go up and down hills and around loops and everything in between until you reach the gates and the rides over.

Luke's on the last hill. The one before the end of the ride. He can either go again, or get off. He's teetering on the top, starting to lean forward into a downward slope, and nothing can stop him.

•••••

"Come on princess, let's get this show on the road." Michael rolls his eyes, and I finish adjusting my ponytail in the hallway mirror. Ally snickers from the doorway.

I flip him off, laughing, but not looking away from the mirror.

"HEY LUCAS!" Michael yells in the direction of Luke's room. "ARE YOU READY?"

Luke stumbles out of his room seconds later, clad in all black and quiff high, one hand rubbing his left temple while he grimaces. "Yeah, hold on."

Michael doesn't pay much attention to Luke's state, he just shrugs and turns to Calum. "Dude, there's gonna be loads of hot girls there." He smirks, glancing pointedly in Ally's direction. Ally frowns, but doesn't say anything, returning her attention to her now boyfriend standing beside her.

Calum chuckles, not catching on. "Good for you. Just don't come crying to me when you're drunk off your ass and need someone to baby you. That goes for all the rest of you too." He gestures to all of us, "We all know I'm driving home tonight."

"Ah, come on Cal. Lighten up for once." Ally smiles, a playful tone in her voice.

"I'm never getting drunk again. End of story. Now come on, lets go!"

"Hold on a second." Luke says timidly, moving from his spot in the hallway entrance.

"You ok?" I ask him when he walks past me into the kitchen, now fully mobile since he chucked the knee brace.