twenty seven

luke's set up on the top/side as well as the song for this chapter.

|may be mistakes|

important a/n at the end btw. enjoy x

•••

•~Friday~•

"You're spending the whole weekend with Luke?" Ally asks again, eyes skimming through the racks of dresses. We've been in the mall for the past 3 hours, trying to find a good enough dress or outfit to put together for the graduation party. It's right after the ceremony tomorrow, and everyone's going. This week has been long, but it's finally over and almost everyone has passed their exams, so I'm in a pretty good mood. I mostly just milled around all week, since my last day of school was technically Monday because I didn't have to come the rest of the week for exams.

"Yep. He's picking me up, like, 30 minutes after you drop me back off at my house." I smile, finding a short black dress with no sleeves. "How's this one?"

"Cute. By the way, some friendly advice, use protection." She grins, and I slap her hard on the shoulder, making her laugh.

"Shut up." I grumble, trying to hide my blushing face in the rows of cloth. She doesn't stop giggling. "I'm getting this one."

"Really? Three hours of this shit and you're just gonna pick a random dress off the rack and get it?" Ally asks, but her voice is sort of fond. She's always taken too long to make a decision and is baffled when someone doesn't.

"I've only been here for three hours because of you." I remind her, grinning to show her I'm not serious. She scoffs, picking out a pink, short little thing. I grimace.

"Oh come on, just because you're a wannabe goth doesn't mean I have to be too." Ally tucks the dress under her arm, and I head up to the counter to pay for mine.

"I'm not a wannabe goth. I just like black." I shrug, thanking the lady after she gives me my change and stepping aside to wait for Ally. Eventually, she shoves the pink dress back into the rack and picks out a similar blue one, buying it. We walk out of the store and back out into the mall, headed towards the parking lot.

"So, how is he?" Ally asks when we get out into the fresh air, and I sigh.

"He's um, he's ok. I can tell he's different, though. Like, he's not ever really there. And it scares me to know that he's just gonna get worse." I swallow, stepping into the drivers seat when Ally unlocks her car.

She gives me a sad smile. "He'll be ok, Mack. He has you. From the few times I've seen you two together since the hospital, I can tell he tries really hard for you." She pauses, not meeting my eyes and starting the car. "I really am sorry, Mack. I shouldn't have drank that much. I should've been there for you."

I shake my head, running a hand through my hair. She hasn't stopped apologize at all since the incident, no matter how many times I've told her it's fine. "Ally, you know it was fine. We were all going to get drunk anyway, it was supposed to be a really fun night. Even Michael was borderline tipsy when it happened. Nothing's your fault, I'm not mad."

It takes her a few seconds to reply, staring the road. "Ok."

We sit in a slightly heavy silence for a few minutes, and I decide to change the subject. "So, you and Ash going to the party together?"

Her face falls, and confusion flickers through my mind. "No, actually. Um, we um," She bites her lip. "We broke up."

"What?" My mouth drops open. "No way, why? When were you planning on telling me this?"