Peridot x Reader

"Just try it," you wheedled, looking up at the green gem and pushing the food towards her.

"I have no desire to consume human food, nor will I ever," stated Peridot angrily.

"But I made it for you!"

"Ha! Like I care."

Lowering your head until your hair covered your face, you set the plate down on the table and turned away. "Fine," you mumbled, and quickly left the room, hiding your trembling lip from the gem.

Slamming your bedroom door behind you, you flopped down on your bed and covered your face. You knew that Peridot being a gem meant that she wasn't human and didn't need food, but, all the same, you wanted her to at least try some. And you had put a lot of love and care into that meal.

Peridot had been living with you for almost three months now, having hidden away from the 'Crystal Clods', whatever they were. She was rather new to the concept of 'dating', but it had been her to confess her feelings towards you first.

You'd now been dating Peridot for at least a six weeks, and while she could be grouchy and mean, you cared for her a lot. So, when she turned down your meal, all the pent up emotions came cascading down your face in the form of tears.

There was a hesitant knock on the door, and you turned away from it. "Go away," you called, your voice breaking slightly.

You knew it was childish of you, and a turned down meal wasn't much to cry over, but you couldn't help but feel sad.

"Hey, [Name]?"

"I told you to go away."

"Look, I apologize. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

"It doesn't matter."

"What? Stop being ridiculous! I - ... can I come in?"

"No."

The door opened, and you hugged your knees to your chest, half hoping she'd leave, half hoping she'd hold you and never let go. You narrowed your eyes, quelling that thought and speaking again. "Just leave me alone."

"I- I'm really sorry, [Name]. I was... I was being stupid."

You're eyes widened. That was unlike Peridot, to apologize and call herself stupid at the same time. You looked up at her, and you felt a slight pain in your chest when you saw her face marred with guilt and worry.

In one instant, you pushed yourself off the bed and into Peridot's arms, flinging your arms around her neck and burying your face in her shoulder.

She automatically wrapped her arms around you, and you felt a smile tug at your face.

Peridot nuzzled your neck before saying: "you know, maybe human food might not be that bad?"

Grinning, you held Peridot tighter. "You'll love it, I promise!"