Chapter Twelve

WARNING: SHORT FILLER CHAPTER

Enjoy!

Percy sighed in annoyance. Tony was hosting a small gathering for the Avengers and some of their close friends and allies. Nothing would of been wrong with that, but apparently Percy was required to go, seeing as he was now an Avenger.

Percy grabbed a jacket as he walked to the elevator. For someone who had the highest technology in the world, Tony really needed to get some better air conditioner.

All of the Avengers, plus an African American man and a dark-haired girl Percy didn't recognize, sat or stood on a couple of couches and love seats around a table. They were all holding tall glasses of champagne. Everyone but Natasha, who had a small smirk in her face, was laughing profusely. Percy casually walked in, hands stuffed in his jean pockets, wishing that he was anywhere else. All of these people looked to be at least ten years older than him.

The laughter died down as he approached, a few small chuckles still being thrown around.

"Hey Percy," Tony Stark greeted him. Percy nodded in response, casting a small smile to the group and looking for a place to sit. Ah, thank the Gods. There was a place on the couch next to Thor. He didn't have to awkwardly stand alone while everyone else was sitting down and having a merry time.

"So this is the kid who Thor knows so much about but won't tell us anything," the African American man started, giving a pointed look to Thor. Thor smiled brightly back in response. "Let me introduce myself. I'm-" his voice trailed off, jaw dropping in shock. Next to him, Tony meekly muttered, "I've had one glass too many." (A/N: ;) YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE :D )

Percy had lifted a cool-looking hammer and placed it on the ground beside his feet. It was sitting beside Thor, and there wasn't room to sit down anywhere else, so Percy had moved it out of the way, not thinking much about it. He had a weird look on his face after he put the hammer down, and he glanced at it. Percy reached down and picked it up again, confused.

"What metal is this hammer made of, anyway? It's so light, isn't that impractical in battle?" He turned to Thor and questioned him innocently.

Thor had turned a pale white color. He was at a loss for words; his mouth was opening and closing like a fish. Thor turned to the Avengers.

"Is this enough proof that Perseus can be trusted?" Thor asked them, restraining himself from using the 'I-told-you-so' voice. "He only has loyal intentions."

Tony walked up to the table, where Percy had out the hammer down on, and attempted to pick it up. He grimaced as his arm strained, and made move to sit back down before he could be further embarrassed.

"Yeah, fine," he grumbled, and gave Percy a look of relugunt respect.

Bruce stood up, and raised his glass of wine. "I propose a toast. If all of us can be together without not biting each other's heads off, then we can do the same for Percy. To the team."

The group raised their glasses, clinking them and laughing, and for the first time since the war, Percy felt a spark of compassion.

•••

Hey everyone. :) I just wanted to apologize for not updating in forever and when the update actually came, it wasn't good. I've been busy with volleyball and school and I have exams in three weeks which I'm completely freaking out about especially my Latin and English exams + I have math AMCs in four days and ugh. Life :p

How had everybody been? I'm sorry if. I haven't replied to any comments lately, my iPad is really old and glitchy so it doesn't let me view my own comments, so I never know if I've already replied and sometimes it doesn't go through at all and lol so many run on sentences already in this A/N sorry about that XD

I hope that life is working out well for everyone and just wanted to thank the people who have stuck with me this whole time.

Love ya'll
-Spotty