"New record!" My mum announced, throwing her head back again in laughter. She always seemed to be the most cheerful in the morning for some reason. 

"Dear, could you put your plate in the sink. Harry and his mum are going to be here any minute."

I hopped off my chair and brought my plate to the sink, rubbing my hands together as some syrup got on my fingers. 

"Harry?" I asked again. "Oh Harry!" I beamed a smile on my face. Harry's been my best friend since we were little. Well, I guess you could still say I'm little. I'm only four, give me a break! 

The point is Harry and I went to the same early years and now we're going to the same kinder garden. Mum thought it'd be a good idea and don't get me wrong, I love spending time with Harry - just not spending time at school. 

School and I have never really had a good relationship. The teachers never really liked me and not so much my peers either. But I didn't let that stop me from having a good time. I might as well, right? I'm spending most of my time here so I might as well make something out of it.

I went over to the living room and picked up my zebra print back pack and strapped it on my back. 

Then the door bell rang. 

"Tess, can you get that? It's Harry and his mum." My mum yelled from the kitchen. 

I smiled and walked towards the front door, tossing my back pack from side to side as I took larger steps ahead. 

When I opened the door, a small curly haired boy was standing with a white blouse tucked into his brown trousers. He had his black back pack strapped on firmly on his back and face did not look all so happy. 

"Hi Tessa!" Harry's mum smiled down at me. "How are you?" 

I immediately became shy.

"Fine." I whispered quietly, making space for them both to come inside. 

I was fine around Harry but with Anne I'm not sure what it was but I was always nervous around her. It was like I always wanted to impress her and show her the best of me. My proper side. Just how Harry was dressed right now. 

Harry walked at my side as Anne went over to the kitchen to greet my mum. They both gave each other a huge hug and began to chit chat over gossip or some thing about the news. 

I turned to face Harry and tried to for fit a laugh.

"What on earth happened to you?" I giggled, covering my mouth once he shot me one of his 'not in the mood'' stares.

"My mum." He said flatly. 

This time I didn't hold back and a loud laugh escaped my mouth. I looked up at Harry who was still looking at me annoyingly but I could tell he wanted to laugh as well.

"Come on, Harry loosen up." I nudged his side slightly. "I was only joking." 

He looked down at the floor and flopped his stupid hair to the side. I smiled once I saw that he was too. 

I walked up to him and pushed all his curls in his face.

"Harry! You're getting too hairy!" I burst out laughing again when I saw that his face was now turning red. I ran away from him, having a major fit and went to hide behind my mums legs. Harry was right behind me. 

I peeked behind my mums legs to see Harry smiling, and when we both looked at each other, we immediately hid again. 

After waiting a few seconds, I quickly skipped behind the kitchen counter and spied on Harry from the side. 

Boys are so easy to trick.

I ran out from behind the counter until I was standing behind him. I covered my mouth so he wouldnt hear me breathing, until I couldn't take the suspense any longer.

I ruffled all my fingers in his hair roughly until it was spiked up and down and all around. He spun around and stared at me with his mouth a gape.

"How did you-" His voice trailed of.

"I have super hero powers!" I exclaimed, pointing forward and running in that direction. 

Mean while Harry was still confused. 

I peeked out behind the couch and saw my mum sitting up from her chair. Harry's mum followed. 

"Alright babes, it's time to go." Anne called out, taking Harry's small hand in hers. 

Panic sparked in my stomach.

I didn't want to go to school anymore. The waffles were great but this is not what I signed up for. 

I was about to make a run for the stairs when two hands swooped me off my feet and slung me over their shoulder.

"Where do you think you're going?" Mum whispered in my ear. I couldn't help but laugh as she spun around a few times, making me feel a bit dizzy.

In the car, Harry's mum strapped me in my booster seat along with Harry who was sitting next to me. His hair looking very nice if you ask me.

"You both ready for a new year?" She asked trying to sound enthusiastic.

Harry and I both exchanged partially frustrated glances, trying to hold our serious faces.

"No." We both pouted in unis ion. 

"Well at least you have each other." She said, leaving a small peck on my cheek. 

I smiled, sliding down into my booster seat. Meanwhile Harry fidgeted in his, reaching his hands out for his mum.

"Alright, alright calm down Harry." She closed the door and made her way to the other side where Harry was. She quickly buckled him in and left a nice kiss on his cheek. A smile compressed on both their faces. 

***

"Bye loves!" Harry's and my mum both yelled out to us down the corridor. 

"We'll pick up at at noon!" My mum yelled, waving at us as they continued to back away.

"Noon means 12 o'clock by the way!" Anne yelled out a few seconds after, until finally disappearing around the corner. 

Harry began taking a few steps down the corridor, leaving me behind. 

My feet waddled up next to him shyly, gripping the rims of my back pack straps tightly. 

"Stay with me?" I whispered to him nervously. 

He looked over at me with that cheeky grin he always does.

"No way! Every man's for himself!" And with that he took off full speed down the hall. 

I rolled my eyes.

Boys. 

=========================================================================

(A/N) Yay! So that was chapter 2 and the first time you read Tessa's narrations :) Tell me what you think :D Advice or feed back would be wonderful and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed c; A

Stay lovely everyone xx -Chloe