CHAPTER FOUR

I waited at front of my house with Avery standing nervously at the door. I was waiting for Maxon with news about Myra’s whereabouts but so far we’ve had no luck. Mom was worrying and Avery was frightened that Myra could be hurt, or worse – dead.

She and Myra had gotten close, practically sisters the way they talked and I liked that and right now I could see the worry of a big sister on Avery’s face. Maxon appeared in the driveway and shook his head. A growl rumbled through me and I bared my teeth to no-one in particular.

“We’ve searched the grounds, the outskirts, her scent starts fading away without a trail. But I am certain Silver Moon pack have her.” Maxon informed and I was fuming. Of course it would be them. They’d do anything to invade my pack.

“Get the cars ready, get the wolves. We’re paying them a visit,” I growled and turned towards the house, brushing past Avery and anything she had to say.

***

I can’t say my shower was a peaceful one. I’m surprised I’m still here in my mate’s house, his room even, when I should be breaking out of here. Nevertheless, the warm water did me good and I saw all the hair products he used. I slowly washed my hair and thought things over. I’d been kidnapped, chained up because the Alpha wanted that. But now I’m his mate which he never expected.

He probably knew Jason had a sister – but didn’t guess for one second I’d actually mean something to him. I may just have the advantage of surprise and getting out of here.

No, he’s our mate. I refuse to leave him. My wolf growled and I repeatedly hit my head on the wall. I honestly think my wolf’s forgotten every bad thing Tobias has done just because we now know he’s our mate. I understand what she’s getting at. Those dreamy, blue orbs that you fall into, his messy blonde hair I want to run my fingers through, his lovely, tempting lips – I whimpered pathetically and realised I shouldn’t be thinking of him when I’m naked in the shower.

I quickly grab a close by towel and dry my hair and body. With the towel tightly wrapped around I walk back into the room and jump back. He’s here, sitting on the bed until his eyes look up and rake over my body. More than hearing his growls, I could feel them, vibrating through the floor boards and my heart was racing. His eyes turned dark, pitch black like the night sky without stars or the moon. They were hungry and demanding and I squeaked when he stood up which was unlike me.

I thought he’d come closer and mark me – or possibly mate with me now. But surprisingly, he didn’t.

“Put some clothes on,” he said huskily and quickly cleared his throat. My throat had gone dry and it was hard to swallow my saliva. I nodded but stood there. He wasn’t leaving so how’d he expect me to change?