Chapter 17

I hated myself for hurting Lauren, but I love Kyle too much to let him go. I snuck into Kyle's room around midnight. He was up watching video's on the computer.

"Hey," He said.

"Hi." I replied as I sat on his bed.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Nothing, Lauren and I got into an argument. She won't let me back in the room." I said.

"I know I hear." He said. "Why were you spying on us?" Kyle stood up from the computer and started stretching, he went over to the bed and sat down next to me.

"I was jealous." I whispered. Kyle smiled.

"You were or you stil are?" He asked. I thought about that for a moment.

"I still am." I said quietly.

"Do you like Lauren?" I asked, not really sure if I want to hear the answer.

Kyle shrugged. "She's a cool girl."

"But do you like her?" I asked again.

Kyle put his hand on my knee and kissed me.

The door burst open and it was Lauren.

Kyle and I parted as Lauren came over to me and grabbed a handful of my hair. I started screaming as Kyle tried holding her back.

I grabbed a fistful of her hair and punched her somewhere on her face.

"GIRL'S!" Joe shouted.

"LAUREN, LIZ! GET OFF EACHOTHER NOW!" It was mom. Next thing you know, Lauren was off of me, her face red with anger.

"What the hell is your problem, Liz!" She yelled.

"ME?" I yelled back. "You're the one who jumped me!"

Joe took Lauren out of the room and my mother took me out of Kyle's room.

I sat on my mother's bed, brushing my hair out.

"What is going on?" She asked angrily.

"Lauren's mad because I still have feelings for Kyle, and she likes him too." I explained.

"Why fight over a boy?" Karen asked angrily.

"He's my boy." I added.

"Listen to me." My mom said. "You and Lauren need to work things out."

After a while my mother sighed.

"I talked to your grandparents earlier." She started. "I told them that you and Lauren weren't really getting along and if it was okay if we can go out to Tennessee next weekend to visit and show the kids the other side of me."

I smiled at my mother.

"I think that will be awesome!" I exclaimed hugging her. She hugged me back tightly.

"I miss you." I whispered. She laughed.

"I miss you too." She replied.