Chapter 2

The look on my grandparent's faces said it all. They looked shocked, hurt, and angry.

"No," My grandfather said angrily, his face turning red. I wanted to just drop this conversation but than again if I did, I wouldn't be able to meet my parents.

"Why not?" I asked. "Grandma?"

My grandmother had her hands on her mouth like she couldn't believe what I just said.

"Honey," she started in her sweet tone of voice. "I don't think it's a very good idea."

"Why not?" I asked, my voice getting louder.

"We said no!" My grandfather yelled.

I couldn't believe this. My grandfather grabbed his plate of food and walked into the living room where the tv sounded. My grandmother stared at me.

"Come," she said quietly as she got up from the kitchen table and headed upstairs to her room.

I sat on her flower printed bed, looking around her room. There were tons of pictures of me when I was a baby up until now. I've never seen one picture of my parents. When I look in the mirror, I try to figure out what features my mom might have, and what features my dad might have. I know I had my mom's eyes because my grandmother's eyes were big and blue and so was mine. The nose, I'm not so sure. My lips had to be from my mother too because they were small and so was my grandmother's.

My grandmother walked out of her closet holding a big pink rectangular box and sat beside me on the bed.

"What's this?" I asked.

My grandmother opened the box and there were tons of pictures of a teenage girl and boy holding a baby.

"My parents?" I asked smiling. My grandmother nodded.

I took out one picture with the boy and the girl hugging. They were probably about my age or older. I was right, my mom's eyes were big and blue. She had blonde hair with brown streaks like me, and small lips but her smile was big and happy.

The guy, my father, was wearing glasses and his eyes were brown and matched his brown hair. They looked happy. The next picture I took out was with me in it. Both my parents holding my hands as we walked around a grassy area.

"Was this out in the front?" I asked. My grandmother nodded, smiling.

"Are they alive?" I asked quietly. I was afraid of the answer.

"I'm pretty sure." My grandmother said as she layed a hand on my back. I let out a sigh.

"Where are my parents?" I asked. My grandmother took a deep breath than let it out.

"When you were born, your parents were so happy." My grandmother started. "They got married and were just a happy couple. Than, when you had just turned a year old, your parents divorced. They fought a lot. Your father couldn't take it anymore and he left. Than, a few months later, your mother wanted to move to California and start her life over again. We talked a lot, but than we stopped keeping in touch. Now, we don't know where she is."

I turned around and saw my grandfather leaning against the bedroom door, his arms crossed.

"So they just left me behind?" I asked, shaking my head. This was unbelieveable. How could they just leave me?

My grandmother nodded, her face full of sorrow.

"Have you tried getting in touch with her?" I asked. "Like social networking?"

I know my grandparents are old but they can still use social networking sites.

"No, honey." My grandmother said laughing.

"I have a social networking account." I said. "Can I-

"No!" My grandfather exclaimed. "Your mother left you. it's her lost if she doesn't or won't come back. Just leave her and your father alone."