Ch.1 [P!ATD] She Had the World

I sat on the couch with Austin. He was going away on a business trip for his boss. We sat in our cozy little apartment eating Chinese food out of cartons while watching 500 Days Of Summer. He didn't wanna watch it but I always win. My brown hair was pulled up into a bun as I sat on the couch in a sweatshirt and sweats. He was in a black tee and plaid pajama pants. His black spiky hair wasn't gelled so it layed flat. His green eyes were looking into my bright brown ones.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing."

"Can you pass the orange chicken?"

"Hmmm..." I thought.

He sat up and looked at me. "Don't make me do it."

I smiled and took a bite of noodles. Austin lunged for me. Noodles covered the couch and he covered me in kisses. I was giggling as he tickled me. He rolled over so I was on top of him.

"I don't want you to go." I said.

"I don't want to go but I have to. It's a good paying job. And it's only London."

"It's only London." I mocked. "It's too far."

"I know babe but I'll be back. I promise. Just a short business trip."

"Who else is gonna eat Chinese food with me and watch chick flicks?"

He laughed and kissed me. "I'll be back soon."

He put the food away while I cleaned up the noodles. I turned off the movie and crawled into bed. At five thirty I have to drive Austin to the airport. His bag was sitting by the door. He took off his shirt and crawled in next to me. His arm wrapped around my waist as he pulled me to his pale chest. I took in the scent of the body wash he uses and sniffled a bit.

"Baby it's okay." He said rubbing my back.

I cried myself to sleep. At five thirty I crawled out of bed. I put on some jeans and a sweatshirt. Austin put on a tee and jeans. We brushed our teeth and I grabbed the keys. The drive there was quiet. Green Day hummed from the speakers of my SUV. I parked and we walked in. We had coffee at one of the shops and I walked him to the gate.

"I'll call you every night Ivy. I promise." He said kissing me goodbye.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and didn't want to let go. I could feel tears run down my cheeks. He finally pulled away and walked into the gate. I made it to my car in time to watch his plane leave. I sat in the car for a while sobbing, and listening to more Green Day until someone knocked on my window. I looked over to see a guy with long-ish hair and bright brown eyes. I cleaned up and rolled down my window.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Hi... Umm I was gonna ask if you're gonna leave but you don't look so well. Are you okay?" He asked.

"I just dropped my boyfriend off. He's on a one month business frip to London... I'm sorry. If you wanna park here I'll leave."

"No no. It's okay. It's not safe to drive when you're feeling like this.  I'll-"

"Look whoever you are. You don't know me. I can drive!"

"My name is Brendon. And you are?"

"Ivy..."

"Well nice to meet you." He smiled. "Maybe you wanna grab some lunch and-"

"I told you I have a boyfriend." I said throwing the car in reverse and drove away. Stupid ass.