III

Ready To Go

Mal's Point of View

          I wake up and all I can think about is the concert. I groan and I check the time noticing that it's only 8:00 am. That is way too early for my liking. As I get ready to go back to sleep I feel someone jump on me. I open my eyes and see Shay straddling me with a big smile on her face. Okay...?

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask. "This is taking our friendship to a whole other level. I am tired. Go away. Leave. Me. Alone." I groan.

She begins to sing Kitchen Sink.

"Oh my fucking god. Do you not see that I am trying to sleep. Duermo es muy importante. Be quiet. And get off! You're squishing me." I mutter.

"But don't you want to get to the venue early to look for band members?" Shay asks me.

"Honestly, I kinda value my sleep more than Brendon and Tyler at the moment."

          Everything that happened next was a blur, but I knew shouldn't have said that. I didn't even mean it. I'm not a morning person so shit happens sometimes you know. Ugh.

"What." Smack.

"The." Smack.

"Fuck." Smack.

"Did." Smack.

"You." Smack.

"Just." Smack.

"Say?" Smack.

That's my best friend everybody. Applauds in Swedish.

"I didn't know we were having a one sided pillow fight so early in the morning." I say. "I didn't mean it by the way. I mean sleep is hella rad, but so are Panic! at the Disco and Twenty Øne Piløts, you feel me?"

"You just pulled that out of your ass." Shay huffs.

"Seriously Shay? If you wanted to see me pull something out of my ass, all you had to do was just ask. Hey, that rhymed. But ew, that's gross. I'm sorry. Ugh!" I groan into my pillow.

          Shay doesn't say anything as she walks out of my room ignoring me. Friendship, guys. I'm not even mad at the fact that she's mad at me right now. What's a friendship without mini arguments? It makes everything a lot more fun. I understand picking small fights in a friendship, but I don't know why someone would do that in a relationship. It's because when they lose the they're going to wonder why. Maybe if you didn't try to spice up your relationship by fighting every time, everything would be okay.

           Getting out of bed, I walk into my bathroom to get ready for the day. After that, I grab my clothes from my closet. I put on my Panic! at the Disco shirt that has a silhouette of Brendon Urie on it and it says one of their album names, "Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die". This shirt is probably one of my favorite clothing items out of all my band merch. Walking out of my room, I see Shay sitting in our living room watching Adventure Time and eating breakfast on a stick. I never knew that "breakfast on a stick" existed until she bought a box of them one day. It's literally pancake and sausage in the form of a corn dog. Pretty weird if you ask me, but I'm pretty weird as well so who am I to judge?

          Grabbing my keys and my debit card, I walk out of our apartment deciding to go buy Shay a make up present. I don't do this all of the time so she should be grateful. I'm an awesome best friend. Although I have many insecurities and an extremely low self-esteem, that's one of the things I'm confident in.

          As I enter my car, I plug the aux cord into my phone playing my Panic! at the Disco and Twenty Øne Piløts playlist. I hear Fairly Local by Twenty Øne Piløts come on and I nod my head in approval. I drive to Wal-Mart, which is a two minute drive away from our apartment meaning that sadly, the song won't even finish. I decide to park near the Wal-Mart entrance, because I'm not in the mood to walk across the whole damn parking lot.