Chapter 14

We walk into the diner and I see Jake in a corner booth with two other guys.
They are laughing, that is until Jake spots me. His expression changes quickly. His friends turn to look at me. I see Max plus another unknown one.
As we near Jake's eyes go to Jason's.

"Jason." He says sternly.

"Move over." Jason says sliding next to Jake.

Jason pats the seat beside him and smirks. I look at him confused before sitting down.

Jason places his arm on the booth behind me which made his arm pit in my face.

I lean forwards on the table.

"So you and Brody?" The unknown guy says.

I look at him annoyed.

"Chris." Jason says telling him to shut up.

"What?" He says scrunching his face. "If you're hitting up all the older guys, I wouldn't mind a spin."

My mouth drops open in shock.

He just pissed me off. I hear Max chuckle. I look at him giving him a death stare, he instantly sits up and coughs to stop his laugh.

"Jake can I talk to you?" I say in a pissed tone.

"It's boys night, I'm with the boys. You're disrupting." He says with no expression and avoids my eyes.

I groan and lean back into the booth again.

"Wanna go home?" Chris says. "I can give you a ride."

He winks at me.

I stare at him trying to calm myself down but with everything that has gone on tonight my emotions are all over and him making me pissed out me over the top.

I launch my self at him from across the table but before I get to hit him Jason pulls on my hips and sits me back down in the booth.

"Don't touch me." I say before getting up and heading towards the door.

"Nice Jake." I hear Jason say faintly.

Jake:

I watch the door swiftly shut after she walked out.

"Did you have to be so rude?" Jason asks. "She obviously likes you... a lot."

I look to him confused.

"She has something with Brody now, she is nothing to me now. Just a fling." I say pushing all my feelings to anger.

"C'mon, are you that stupid?" Jason argues. "She is crazy for you."

"I have to agree having a young girl like that who is also hot as hell chasing after you is like a gift." Chris says annoyingly. "Max did you see her ass?"

"Shut up!" I yell extremely annoyed by his comments towards her.

Chris looks to me in shock. "You must like this girl if you actually care about what I say." He says. "What happened to being the guy who doesn't care about the girl he screws?"

"I never had sex with her." I growl.

He scuffs. "Right."

I go to flip but Jason stops me. "Dude just go talk to her."

"No, it's boys night lets forget about girls."

"The longer you push it off the more time she will have to move on with someone else."

"Yeah like Brody already has her fuckin done. It won't be long before they are screwing every night." Chris pipes in.

That puts me over the edge. I push Jason out the booth but he stands up quickly before he falls.

I stomp out of the door and swing the door open and look around outside.

The door clicks shut again when I spot her by the picnic tables.

I sigh and walk over quietly.

"Rox." I say so I don't startle her.

She turns and I can see she has calmed down.

She turns back around and faces her back to me.

"I'm sorry for my friends, they can be... over the top sometimes."

She sighs. "It's not what they said that pissed me off." She spits out.

That hit me, she hated me now.
I sit down beside her.

"I know I shouldn't have reacted the way I did, I just wanted time to think about what happened between you two." I explain. "I needed time to comprehend because I knew I would react this way."

She looks at me sympathetically.

"I'm sorry." She whispers. "But I needed you to understand as soon as possible before someone told you something else."

I nod.

"I took you're advice, I went out with Brody but not to let him profess his love to me to prove something to you."

"I do not love him, I do not want to be with him. I don't want his touch. When I was with him, I wished I was with you."

"Yes, we kissed and we..."

"You what Rox." I say scared. " I will kill him if he.."

She cuts me off. "No we didn't have sex, but it felt like it was getting close to that."

I swallow, I didn't but I did want to hear this.

"When we touched, when he went too far I stopped and stopped him, if I was with you I know I wouldn't be able to stop you because I love you too much. I want you too much."

"I want to be with you not him Jake."
I was trying to register if she said she loved me or not. I brushed it off and let the smile curve onto my lips.

My smile reflects onto her.

"Did you say you loved me?" I ask with a smirk.

She bites her lips and looks away. I take her face in my hands, forcing her eyes to meet mine.

"I love you too." I say.