Chapter Fifteen

I hurried towards the sound. Lilly was screaming her head off because there was a parrot clicking on her head with it's peak. Once his away from her head I stood in front of her preventing it from hitting her again. I shewed the parrot till it flew away and sat on a close tree branch.

"Lilly you scared me! I thought someone got killed or something." I let my hair loose

"I warned you not to bother it's nest." Erik told her.

"I didn't know that it'll go crazy and do that now keep your mouth shut Erik." She snapped at him.

I looked at the little bird. The colors were compelling. I've always had a soft spot for animals "Come here lil' buddy." I held my index finger for him to climb.

He made a sound and stood on my finger. I smiled satisfied. I moved my hand closer slowly to my shoulder. He climbed on it.

"Look how cute he looks." They stopped arguing about whatever they were arguing about and looked at me.

"You look like a pirate." Erik said.

"I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about this little adorable thing." He was scratching under his wing with his peak.

"You're keeping him?" Aaron asked.

"Yes." I shrugged making the parrot lose his balance. I held my hand for support laughing. The pirates life is hard.

"So, you're taking the creature who just tried killing your best friend as a pet. That's great. Thanks a lot, Amber." Lilly kept talking and walking away at the same time. She had a trouble with him now but she'll like him later.

We walked for some time and Aaron came walking beside me.

"What are you naming him?" He asked me.

"Mmm, I'll call him Mylo."

"What? No way." He said wrinkling his nose.

"you don't like it?" He shook his head.

"How about...," He looked up at the trees thinking of a good name. I took a biscuit out of my bag and gave it to him. I watched him eat tiny bits of it. He looked so cute.

"Periwinkle." We looked at Nate who suddenly appeared from nowhere suggesting a name. "You know, because it's feathers are a mixture of blue and purple."

"It's such a cute name. I like it. Then your name is Periwinkle." I told the parrot. Ruffling the feathers above his head they were Periwinkle and he had a bright yellow feathers on his chest.

We kept walking for a long time. All of them were walking ahead of me and Aaron.

"I don't get how this is possible." Aaron said after long silence. He was examining a plastic bag in his hands that was filled with the shiny black sand.

"Why are you keeping the sand?" I asked.

"It's not just sand." He said.

"Yes, it's black sand."

"I don't mean the color, Amber. There are some tiny chips among the sand."

"You mean like mini robots?" I asked him.

"No, not like that. They're like micro metal pieces. Usually they exist when a building is built or something. Like the leftovers after cutting metal."

"Micro? And you can see that?" I asked. He scratched his stubble studying the sand carefully.

"Can't you?" He put it in front of my eyes. I looked at the sand but all I could see was black sand.