Chapter Eleven

After two hours of travelling, we finally arrived into a small town that was almost filled with trees and green areas.

The town looks nothing like the busy New York but more like my own hometown.

We walked through a long street of identical white houses till we arrived into a house that wasn't so different from the others with a small, yet, an extremely beautiful garden.

Aaron walked in front of us and rang the bell...

I looked at Lilly nervously. Me and her weren't exactly good at handling the polite, how-to-treat-grown-ups manners. I just solidify in front of someone who's older than me but only when I want to treat him with respect. Lilly isn't much better than me also so I hope that we won't blow it all up.

A door opened revealing a woman with fair glowing skin and almost translucent grey eyes. That actually brings me to wonder about her son's. Have he inherited his mothers eyes? Could he have grey eyes? But why would he hide them? I find grey eyes totally attractive, a sign of being good looking, even.

"Aaron," She said and gave Aaron a brief hug.

How I miss my own mother and her hug.

It was a sad thing to think about but the thought doesn't stop crossing my mind most of the time. I think the three of us miss their mothers. Despite the fact that Erik don't even remember seeing his mother. the empty feeling in the heart when living without your mother is extremely hard to simply overlook.

We stood awkwardly behind Aaron who was talking to his mother then he turned around looking at us.

"Mom, this is Amber, Lliana and her brother Erik," He introduced us with a smile that I haven't seen before.

I guess it's the mother's magic.

I walked towards her and held my hand to shake it formally. As I have decided that it was the right way to greet older people. However, she didn't seem to notice my hand and gave me a small hug. It was short but in these mere seconds I could feel like I'm back home again with my parents. It felt nearly the same.

"Hi," I chocked on the words because of the stupid tears willing up my eyes but I did my best to stop them.

I've never missed my parents so much.

"Hey, honey." Her features were put into something like unfailing tender smile. She gave each one a brief hug then we got inside the house.

"I hope that you like chicken." She told us.

"Who doesn't?" Erik said.

We all sat in the living room chatting for a while then she stood up to finish making the dinner.

"I'll just go and help her in the kitchen," I said dumping all the rules of acting politely crap. I think I'm doing fine without putting so many rules for myself.

"What are you doing? You can go and sit with your friends darling," She said.

"No, it's fine really. I thought I could help you a little bit." I said. Although I wasn't used to helping my mother much in the kitchen but actually I do miss it now.

She smiled at me while mixing something in a bowl.

"You know how to break eggs?" She asked.

"Sure," Then we got into it...

•°•~~•°•~~•°•~~•°•~~•°•~~•°•

"Thank you so much. This was so delicious," Lilly exclaimed after we've finished eating.

"Hey Amber," I heard someone whispers next to me. I was standing in the corner of the room. I turned around to find it was Aaron.

"What is it? And why are you whispering?" I asked chuckling quietly.

"No reason, I just wanted to ask you if you wanna come with me, I can show you something. It'll be fun." He said like it was a top secret FBI thing.

"Okay, why not?" I answered simply. I really like that side of him. Feeling excited about what he was going to show me, I strode behind him till we got out of the house. Then something hit me, I wonder how could I not notice it before?

"Hey Aaron, Where's your father?"

I asked the words falling from my mouth before I could stop them.

Author's Note

Hey Kookies,

I don't usually write while listening to music but I wrote this one listening to Avril Lavigne and her songs are filled with so many feels.

I think this chapter is what they call the calm before the storm, don't you think? ;p