Scene 7

Vinnie is sitting at a table hes on the phone and looking at a sign that Tanis is leaning on also on the phone but looking away

Vinnie: why do I have to be the one to make the drop?
Tanis: because my relationship with the cops isn't exactly... Good. All the time.
Vinnie: what's that supposed to mean?
Tanis: don't worry about it. It's fine.
Vinnie: ok... (John comes over he sits at the table and hands off a bag of chips Vinnie hangs up the phone and looks at John)
John: You have something for me? (he asks looking from left to right slowly)
Vinnie: I might. (he leans back and crosses his arms, in his hand is an envelope)
John: where'd you get that?
Vinnie: a man gave it to me.
John:
Tanis: some kid? Really John? Some kid? (he's come behind John who at the sound of his voice turns around freaked out)
John: Tanis? How, how are you here? Last time I talked to you, well it wasn't you. (john reaches for his gun and tanis shakes his head)
Tanis: I'm fine John, it's just me now. I got help.
(John relaxes and turns around, Tanis sits beside Vinnie and takes the envelope)
John: then you know who it is I'm after.
Tanis: I do. And I'm right there with you. But I don't want him to get Hurt.
John: your still are protecting him? After what he did?
Vinnie: uh guys? I'm Lost, I get you two know each other but apart form that...
Tanis and John: don't worry about it. (they both stare at each other and a drumbeat starts up, they both narrow their eyes and finally both burst out laughing they clasp each other and both relax)
John: I've missed you you old charkaar
Tanis: old? Ner'vod? Really old? I'm barely 23.
John: Clem wasn't, he was what? 100 something?
Tanis: (seriously) who?
John: (mortified) um no one, nothing it's nothing, sorry.
Vinnie: wait a second, was that mando'a? Really dude? This guys a nerd?
Tanis: arn't we all?
John: us nerds gotta stick together right?
Tanis: indeed we do, one for all and all for one.
Vinnie: shouldn't we be more focused on this?
Tanis: yes we should. (Seriousing up again)
John: you have to get that envelope to safety.
Tanis: why can't you?
John: because, I'm undercover. And Echo has the entire force on the pay roll, or at least anyone with power.
Vinnie: wait weren't you just about to take it?
John: that was before I knew you were with Tanis, now you two can do it.
Vinnie: so what your saying is we're screwed?
John: no there is another. An undercover FBI agent, I'm trying to make contact with him, if we can do that, he can place us all in witness protection and the FBI can bring down echo's entire organization.
Tanis: I suggest you hurry and make contact then.
John: I'm supposed to meet him in three days.
Tanis: What if we just take it out of the this precincts jurisdiction, diirectly to the FBI themselves.
John: (shaking his head) it'd take to long, we need to just get it to this agent, before this next shipment. (leaning in and whispering) Tanis, they're shipping a nuke. I've seen it but didn't have time to document it. We have to get this evidence to the FBI so we can stop this shipment.
Tanis: so what your saying is we have a nuke we have to stop somehow? That's just loverly.
Vinnie: hey uh guys?
Tanis: not now vin, We'll get some fried chicken later.
Vinnie: that's messed up man, but no seriously we shou-
Tanis: in a minute can't you see we're discussing a plan here?
Thug 1: We would love to hear this plan of yours.
Tanis: Oh crap.
Vinnie: I tried to tell you.
Thug 1: looks like we've got ourselves a rat. Isn't that nice? The boss'll be very happy with us. Not so much with you.
Tanis: well. This is awkward. Um you know what? Let's just... (fight breaks out)