"I mean - I can't play the game tomorrow night." I replied,

"You can't wait to play the game tomorrow night," Coach pushed.

"No, coach, I can't play the game tomorrow night."

"I'm not following," Coach said, feigning confusion.

"I'm having some personal issues."

"Is it a girl?" He asked.

"No."  

"Is it a guy? You know, our goalie Danny is gay," Coach suggested. Gross. Danny's one of my friends. No thankyou.

"Yeah, I know, coach, but that's not it." I said.

"You don't think Danny's a good-lookin' guy?" He asked.

"I - think he's good - looking. I - but I - I like girls! And that's not it anyway." I stuttered.

"What? Is it drugs? Are you doing math? Because I had a brother that was addicted to meth. You should have seen what it did to his teeth. They were all cracked and rotted. It was - it was disgusting."

"My - God. What happened to him?" I asked.

"He got veneers. Is - is that what this is about? Are you afraid of getting hurt, McCall?"

"No - I'm - Having some issues dealing with aggression," I explained.

"Well, here's the good news. That's why you play lacrosse. Problem solved."

"Coach, I can't play the game tomorrow night." I said.

"Listen, McCall, part of playing first line is taking on the responsibility of being first line. Now, if you can't shoulder that responsibility, then you're back on the bench until you're ready."

"If I don't play the game, you're taking me off first line?"

"McCall, PLAY the game." With that, he motioned for me to get out. Once I had stepped out, my phone dinged, signalling I had a text message. It was my mom.

"Hey," Allison said, approaching me. "You busy?"

"No, it's just my mom, she's nothing. I mean, it's nothing! Never busy for you," Goddamn it Scott!

"I like the sound of that ! Look, I have to go to my French class but I wanted to tell you that I'm going to see you play tomorrow," she started.

"What?"

"And we're all going out after this, you, me, Lydia and Jackson, it's gonna be great. Tell Stiles to come too. I see you at lunch, I gotta go!"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lydia P.O.V

Scott an di were up at the board solving questions.

"Why's there a rumour going round you're not playing tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Because I'm not," he snapped.

"Well I think you are! Especially when you ill-treated my boyfriend by brutally running into him!" I whisper-shouted.

"He ill-treated himself by running into ME!"

Scott P.O.V

"Jackson's gonna play tomorrow ! But he's not going to be at his peak. And I prefer my boyfriend... at peak performance !" She exclaimed.

"Okay!" That was way to much information!

"I'm dating the captain of the lacrosse team. And if they start losing, I'm dating the captain of the losing lacrosse team! I don't date losers." She stated.