“Cool. Wait for me in the parking lot.”

He walked away. He didn’t even offer to walk me to my class. That wasn’t a good sign. I heard the bell ring and decided not to wait for the guys.

I just couldn’t pay any attention to class. I was 98% sure that he was gonna break up with me. After math it was PE. Leah was already waiting for me outside the gym.

“How the heck did you get here so fast?            “ I asked her.

“Don’t even try to change the subject!”

“What subject? We just started talking!”

“You know what I’m talking about! What did he say?” Leah sounded so anxious, like she was about to hear the gossip of the year.

“He said, ‘we gotta talk,' so you know what that means.” I said with a sad smile.

Before Leah hugged me or say something like ‘I’m sorry to hear that’ I started walking again. If she did any of those things I would burst in tears.

When we got there couch Carlson was organizing teams for a soccer game. Leah was usually pale, but when he said the word ‘soccer,' she became a pale version of Michael Jackson.

You see, Leah’s this perfect girl. She’s 5’3, 110 pounds, long silky dark hair and deep blue eyes, just like Adrian’s, and she’s very smart. What people don’t know is that she’s a ball magnet. Every time we have a dodge ball game or a soccer practice, she ends up in the nurse with a bloody nose or getting hit by a ball in her stomach. It was a miracle that her face wasn’t deformed by now.

Once we got dressed, the coach told us to run a few laps to warm up. After the second lap, Leah and I were already almost dying trying to catch a breath. The coach yelled at us something about having to stay after class doing laps around school if we didn’t continue.

After the torture was over, we were supposed to play a quick match, but as usual, we just stood in the field pretending to try to kick the ball when it was near us. We always chat during that time. And of course, the subject ‘Oliver’ was all Leah wanted to talk about.

“Maybe he doesn’t want to break up with you. Maybe all he wants is to apologize for going too far that night, and he’s embarrassed to do it at school.”

“You believe in fairies as well? I know I’m not an expert, but when a guy says ‘we need to talk’ is because he’s breaking up with the girl!”

“How do you feel about it?” Leah asked concerned.

“I still don’t know. I’m just so confused… I don’t know how I’m supposed to feel.”

“What if he doesn’t want to break up? What if he wants to talk about” Leah looked around to see if anyone was listening and whispered “you know… the ‘S’ word?”

“You mean sex Leah?” I said with a normal voice tone. Leah could be so shy some times.

“Yes” Leah answered embarrassed.

“I don’t know Leah. I don’t know if I’m ready.”

Leah was holding a bottle of water and when she was about to say something a ball came and hit her hand, ripping off the bottle. I bet that if she was drinking from that bottle, the ball would hit her face instead of her hand. We both stared in silence at the bottle as it rolled on the ground, splashing water all over the floor.

“And for a moment I thought I would go through this class without any accidents.” We laughed so hard that for a moment I almost forgot about the Oliver situation.

After PE I went straight to the parking lot. Leah was going home with her dad. I’ve been waiting for 10 minutes inside my car when Oliver knocked on my window.

“Hi… ready to go?”

“Sure. Lead the way” I said trying to sound funny and failing badly.

When we arrived at the park, we searched for a place quiet so we could talk without worrying about the people walking by. We set on a stone bench near a tree.

We set there in silence for a while. When I was about to say something to break the ice, Oliver started talking.

“Look… First of all, I’m sorry about the other day. I didn’t mean to force you or anything.”

“No problem… I wasn’t even thinking about that” obviously I was lying.

He sighed and seemed to be searching for the right words. When he finally spoke, I couldn’t believe what he was saying “Sunday I’m going back to Ireland.”

“You what?” That was the last thing I expected him to say right now.

"I know. I don't want to go either, but my father got transferred back and we don’t really have a choice.”

For the first time in my life I didn’t know what to say. He probably realized I was shaken, because he said, “I really like you and I know you like me. I didn’t want to leave things the way they are right now.”

“So, where do we stand?” I said trying to stop trembling.

“I want to be special to you, just like you are special to me” he said while taking my hands, kissing them gently. I started not liking this conversation one bit, but I kept my mouth shut.

He realized I was confused and continued “I think we should do it. It would be a perfect way to say goodbye to each other.”

Before I could even process what he was saying, he silenced my lips with his finger and kept on “I know you think you’re not ready, but sometimes we shouldn’t think. We should just follow our hearts instead, right? And I guess that if your first time is with someone you like then nothing else matters.”

I was so dazzled, and this time wasn’t because he was hot. I didn’t know how to react. I wasn’t sure if it was the mess in my head, but everything he said somehow made sense. For some reason, though, that wasn’t enough to make up my mind.

The look in his eyes… Oh crap. I think I see hope in his eyes. Am I giving him hope? I didn’t even know if I could give him an answer, much less the answer he wanted to hear.

“Oliver… I don’t know what to say.”

“I figured out that much. Look, tomorrow we’ll talk about it, ok?” and with that, he gave me a peck on the lips and left me alone in the park.

Wow. Oliver was leaving. In two days. And he wants to have sex with me before he goes.

I got in my car as fast as I could and went straight to Leah’s house. I rang the door bell and Adrian answered it again. Great. Just what I needed.