Ch. 19 - Little Tattling Butthead

Start from the beginning

Sure, I feel a little sorry for Sara. I mean, she'll have to get used to these family things if she wants to be Wren's serious girlfriend. We're not going to change for her.

After inflicting enough pain for the day, I jump off of Wren's back and make myself a bowl of ice cream.

"I literally had a heart attack only a week ago," Wren says with a little eye twitch.

I shrug and shove a spoonful of ice cream into my mouth. "I literally don't care."

He shakes his head. "This is why you got dumped."

"Wren," Sara hisses, slapping his chest.

"Oh, no, don't worry about it," I assure her. "I'll take care of him."

Before Wren has anytime to defend himself, a spoonful of ice cream - including the spoon- hits him in the face.

"Bye, Sara! Have a nice night!" I say quickly and run to my bedroom for protection.

Wren pounds on my door for a few minutes, but I already locked it and am safely under the covers.

I think I'll just stay here for the rest of the night. This way, I won't have to sit through the treacherous dinner with my ex and Wren won't beat me up. It's a win win, and my dad has to respect it.

In my group chat with Sam and Zander, the two are arguing over whether it is pronounced "cara-mel" or "car-mel." The thing that kills me is that they're at Zander's house together right now.

I'm still a little angry with them since they lied, so I'm playing this fun game called the silent treatment. They try to annoy me into talking to them by having these group chat fights. I can't let them win this battle, but I really need someone to talk to.

Sure, I have other friends. However, I don't particularly think I'd keep any friends if I complain about my dad liking a yacht more than me and my brother getting frisky with his girlfriend in my kitchen. Plus, now that Asher is "back on the market" a lot of my so-called friends are ignoring me.

I know what's up.

There's a knock on my door before it swings open. My dad stands with his arms akimbo.

"Funny seeing you here," I say curtly.

"The Westfields will be here soon. Get dressed."

"What? My outfit isn't acceptable to you?" I ask, looking down at my sweatpants and large t-shirt.

"Enough of this sass," he orders. "Do as I say or you'll be grounded for another week."

He leaves my doorway, and I stick my tongue out to no one in particular.

"I saw that!" he calls from across the hallway.

"Sorcery," I whisper to myself before rolling out of bed.

I throw on a black sundress, too lazy to pick out an actual outfit. Yes, dresses happen to be much easier than a stylish outfit- word of advice. Stomping downstairs, I meet the rest of my family in the kitchen.

I cautiously sit next to Wren. "Sup."

"I'm not going to hurt you, Riles. Don't look at me like I'm plotting your death."

"Sweet," I breathe.

The dreadful noise of the doorbell rings through our house, making me cringe. I'm not looking forward to this.

I haven't heard any news about Asher seeing other girls, but Zander is the Guy Code expert and I'll take his word. Even if he hasn't been with other girls, I'm going to treat him like he has. That lying, cheating, dirtbag...with a cute smile and kissable lips that I miss so much.