Ch. 7 - Scrubs

Just as I had planned, I spend my Saturday night on my bed watching Netflix. Every hour or so I go to refill my popcorn bowl.

I went to homecoming pictures for Sam and Zander earlier today. They went with a group of Sam's film club friends. She looked beautiful and Zander looked handsome- sort of. I wish I could spend the night with them, but I guess unlimited popcorn is cool too.

My parents left for game night an hour ago. Even they had a more exciting life than me.

I wonder how much fun Asher is having at the beach party. He's probably with some other girl who looks like a model in a stupid, skimpy bikini. I cringe at the thought.

He hadn't really talked to me at school this week. We'd wave in the hallways, but that was about it. Maybe Wren was a lot more scary than I assumed.

Oh, speaking of Wren, Catherine broke up with him. Yesterday. Wren was devastated for all of twenty minutes before he was making out with Nora Parker.

Nora actually dumped her date to go with Wren to the dance. Apparently, they're madly in love.

My brother could have a reality tv show if you think about it. I'd watch that shit.

As I was watching Scrubs, there's a loud knock on my balcony door. I nearly fall off the bed out of shock, the popcorn dumping onto the floor.

"Not the popcorn," I mumble and crawl out of my bed to the floor.

I peek up at the door to see if there is a murderer there. A part of me is really hoping that it's Bradley Cooper.

I study the figure outside for a bit. Luckily, it isn't a murderer. Sadly, it isn't Bradley.

I'd say it's the next best thing from Bradley Cooper. Asher Westfield.

I go over to the door and unlock it, allowing Asher to step into my room. "What're you doing here? Why aren't you at the party?"

"I need this.." he trails off.

With a swift step forward, his hands are cupping my face and he surprises me with a kiss instead.

Just like the first time he kissed me, it was blissful. The kiss changes from spontaneous and cute to forceful and hot in an instant.

His lips smack against mine, his tongue gliding over my lip. He walks us backwards until the back of my knees hit my bed. My back hits the mattress and he's on top of me, his lips moving to my neck.

I've kissed a boy before. Though, I don't know if I can even count Zander as a first kiss. He's Zander. It was in sixth grade when we thought we could be in love.

Why am I thinking about Zander when this incredibly hot man is making out with me?

The point is, I've never been kissed like this before.

I pull him back up, our lips reconnecting. After a minute or so, I feel something wet on my face, like tears.

"Asher.." I wipe my thumb over his cheek. "Are you crying?"

"N-no," he stutters and moves himself off my bed. "It-it's raining outside."

I pretend to believe him and nod. "Right."

It's hard to see him in my dark room, but I can tell he's pacing. His blonde hair moves back and forth across my room in the darkness.

I wonder if he had been crying before he came into my room and decided to kiss me rather passionately. Maybe I'm such a bad kisser that it made him cry..

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask, sitting Indian style on my bed.

"I don't know what you're referring to," he says and sits down on the edge of my bed. "You mean the popcorn that's scattered on the floor?"