Ch 28: POST-Depression Sex and Thanks Giving Proposals

Start from the beginning

“Owen, it’s called being pregnant. Chill alright. It’s what we women do.”

“I know, but damn. I think what she really wants is you. I ask multiple times if I should call you to come over but she says no. And I don’t think it’s because of a grudge. She won’t talk to anyone else either. Keira, Nadia, and Sadie have come over so many times and I always have to give them an excuse.”

“I know. I needed to figure a few things out. I just…Owen… do you ever miss mom?” I should have known better when I didn’t get an answer.

“Airi, you need to let it go. Right now, all I care about is Eli, you and dad. I don’t have time to refer back to a woman who wasn’t even present for half my life.” I nodded, understanding his perspective on the touchy subject.

“Go sit down, I’ll make something.” He gave me a big wet kiss on the cheek. “Ugh, get off Owen! Handle your shit, please!”

“I love you little sis.”

“Yeah, yeah. So how’s junior year going?”

“Awesome. Believe it or not, I’m still able to go to class every day. Ells pretty much has the sameschedule as me so it’s all good. Oh shit.” All of a sudden, his face held apprehensive thoughts.

“What? What did you do?!”                           

“No, nothing huge. Why is it always what I did? I’m not that bad of a guy. Lorenzo and Keira have been skipping classes for some private reasons. I forgot to email them the notes.” He left the room to do so as I continued to develop a delectable meal that would satisfy Eli’s impulsive cravings.

*******

Thirty minutes later, dinner was very close to done. It was almost six and I decided to wake up Eliyza and talk to her.

When I entered the room, there she lay on the bed, her blond hair all over the pillows. The messes this girl got herself into. I gently rested myself on the unoccupied portion of the bed, reminiscing through old memories. 

When I had just turned eleven and Owen twelve, dad got a job transfer to Pennsylvania. There I met Eli, in middle school.  At first, she was just a girl. Later on, a girl I competed with when it came to grades (hey; sex addicts can be smart... Excluding Noah….). I would come home every day, either bragging about how I got and A+ and she got an A- or how I got a point or two lower than her on a test. It was always rivalry to me.

Though I wasn’t a girl in favor for change or female figures in my life, she didn’t give up on me. When we finally became friends, she said she had won. I realize she had changed me. I mean, I would have made girl friends eventually, but I don’t think they would have ever topped her. Of course, a few weeks after that, she started hitting on Owen.

I wavered off the dream, remembering what I was really here to do.

“Eli, wake up. C’mon, I know you’re hungry.”

“Fine, fine, I’m getting up.” She rubbed her eyes, yawning. When I knew she was truly back in scene, I gave her a hug.

“I’m so sorry Ells. You’re going to be an amazing mother.” Even when it was my turn to cry for forgiveness, tears seeped through her eyes. “Don’t cry. I’m here for you and I’m not going to abandon you like that. You can slap me so we’re even.” I was taken by surprise when she actually did. “Ow, that kinda hurt.” I said rubbing my cheek.

“You have no freaking idea how much I missed you. I thought I was going to lose it. You brother does the most random things at the most random times. Like yesterday, around one, he tried to feed me soup and crackers.”