12. Thief

Kuroko walked the halls slowly as he looked downwards; dozens of emotion running through him. However, his main emotion at the moment had to be confusion, since everything Akashi said to him before was so... bewildering. So much so he wasn't sure what he should'd exactly felt at that moment.

Kuroko looked up to see the towering purple-haired male from before leaning against the wall. Kuroko could hear faint chatter behind that corner; indicating that he was back at the feast area.

Murasakibara glanced to the side, spotting the blue-haired male with a blank look. "Hm? You're that Kuroko from before..."

"Yeah" Kurko muttered loud enough for him to hear.

"Midorima mentioned you~" He said with a soft sigh as he took out a snack from his clothing and ate it. "Said something about some 'plan'..."

Kuroko ears perked up, slightly interested. "What plan?"

"About setting up a trap for you and the tan Prince. He kept on bragging about it when I was eating~"

"Setting up? How? What did he mean by that?"

He looked at Kuroko a little darker with a tint of aggravation in his voice. "You talk a lot; like Midorima."

"Sorry, I just really need to know." Kuroko frowned slightly.

Murasakibara took a minute to talk again before he sighed and closed his eyes for a brief moment and then opened them.

"He said that he was going to ruin the new king by ruining his 'relationship' with you," He said as he chewed on a snack he popped into his mouth. "Something about him saying how he would frame you and someone else~"

"Oh, um, thank you... that makes things a little bit more clear; thanks again." Kuroko said a little quickly. The purple-haired male just gave out an 'eh~' as he slumped more on the wall and Kuroko took that as a signal for him to leave.

Kuroko began to walk towards Akashi's room, feeling himself hesitate a few times on the way. If Midorima had actually done something to make Akashi upset, then that made things a lot more sensible now. I guess now I know what he meant by me and Aomine, Kuroko thought, Aomine must've been the other person he had set up...

But what was he going to do now? Akashi was most likely still angry and probably wouldn't even dare to speak to Kuroko at the moment. He might not even want to listen to him explain what was going on. And even if Kuroko did get the chance to explain, which was from from likely; what if Kuroko ended up being wrong for some bizarre reason? What if Akashi wasn't angry about that and wait was actually something else? Kuroko would end up revealing he liked him in the first place and it would end up just diggong his grave even deeper...

Kuroko suddenly heard rattling from a room next to him that he passed by. He just looked at it and waited for a brief moment to observe what it was from afar; as he learned last time what curiosity had gotten him into when he last went into a room.

Suddenly a hand grabbed Kuroko by the shoulder and pulled him inside as the door opened. Kuroko felt himself being moved from the hallway into the middle of an almost pitch-black room being held by some mysterious captor from behind in almost two seconds flat. This day was getting stranger by the second...

Kuroko glanced back for one second to see only a glimpse of red hair in the little light from the windows this room had. Although it was a little dim in color, Kuroko couldn't help but feel his spirits rise.

"Akashi!"

"Huh? Who the hell is that?" The unfamiliar voice said with a rough tone.

Kuroko realized very quickly how wrong he was when he said that as he turned around to face this kidnapper, who, as Kuroko could base off in the shadows, was a tall man with reddish hair and a strange darker red base as well. He looked a bit rougish; quickly indicating to Kuroko that he wasn't a royal member.