I try to smile, but it probably comes out looking weird. "I was trying to wake Logan up, so I sat on him and he---" I turn to look at Logan next to me, but find he's not there. Frowning, I look around until I find him by the pancake batter, mixing it with a gleeful smile on his face.

He looks up at me, looking completely entranced by the batter. "It's chocolate chip," he tells me, sounding amazed.

I roll my eyes at him, his amazement making me want to laugh. He loves my mom's chocolate chip pancakes. He's always begging her to make them. Seeing him like this, so giddy and excited like a little kid on Halloween almost makes me smile, but I stop short when I think of something.

I can't tell Logan about the move.

At least, not right now I can't. My mom was making his favorite breakfast in the world, and he was so happy. I didn't want to ruin it.

My mom seems to notice his happiness too, because she gives me a questioning look, her eyes asking when I was going to tell him.

To that question, I choose the easy choice and decide I'll tell him later.

I finish telling her the story, my dad chuckling when I get to how Logan hit my eye. After checking one last time if my eye's alright, my mom returns back to the oven, shooing Logan away when she does.

My mind now on my forgotten dilemma, I sit at the kitchen table and pour myself some orange juice. Logan sits next to me, his eyes trained on my mom as she pours more batter into the skillet.

As we sit in silence, pouring our orange juice and eating the already made bacon on the table, the perfect idea comes to me. As I stare at the bacon (which is what made me think of it), a warm feeling glows in my stomach. It was so perfect.

After my mom delivers the first batch of pancakes, my dad looks up from his phone and asks, "So, what do you two have planned for today?"

"We're going to a movie," I answer quickly before Logan can say anything. Going to the movies was part of my plan.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Logan's eyebrows rise. "We are?" he asks, finally taking his eyes off the pancakes.

I turn to face him. "Yes. We are." I turn back to my dad. "We're going to see A Night in New York."

My dad starts slathering his pancakes with butter, and I do the same. "Do you need money?" he asks.

Me having no job, I always need money. "Yes---" I answer, but I'm cut off.

"I'll pay for her," Logan butts in loudly, and when I turn to look at him he keeps his eyes straightforward at my dad. I notice a light hint of pink surfacing on his cheeks.

My dad shrugs, his eyes scanning the newspaper again. "Alright then, I'm fine with that. Now I don't have to pay for her jumbo size popcorn and mega large drink."

I grin at him, thinking of how much watching movies makes me hungry. I turn to Logan, who I find is already looking at me with his mouth barely turned upwards at the corners.

The snarky comment I'd been about to say leaves my mind, and I stare at his facial expression, trying to figure out why he was looking at me like that.

I lift my eyebrows at him, trying to ask him without talking why he was looking at me like that. In return, his eyes roam all over my face, from my eyebrows to my forehead to my cheek to my eyes. I frown.

He returns to his pancakes without a verbal or nonverbal answer, that same weird smile on his face, and after watching him for a few seconds I grab an unused spoon off the table and jab his leg with it.