"Wakey wakey!" I yell when I start getting impatient. I shake him harder and move so I'm facing him on the bed, maneuvering so I'm on my knees. "Logan!" I shout.

He groans loudly and turns his head the other way so his nose is touching the wall.

Grinning at his enthusiastic response, I sit on top of him, my back against the wall as my legs hang over the side of his bed. His room was so masculine; the dark blue walls went along with the stark black comforter of his bed and his dresser, desk, and wooden framing were all sleek and matching.

"Logan," I tease, a grin slipping onto my face as I see his face pull into a frown. "It's time to get up."

"No," he moans, his eyes still closed as he talks. "Leave me alone."

Ignoring his grumpiness, I cheerfully answer, "I can't do that! At least not until you get up!"

"Alayna," he mumbles, opening an eye so he can see me. "If you don't get off and leave me alone, I'll throw you in the pool."

I knew he meant it. He'd thrown me in my pool so many times before I knew he wouldn't bluff about this, especially when the reason being was because I'd disrupted his precious sleep.

Scrambling off of him, I watch as he closes his eye again. Grinning wickedly, I hold my hair back and get close to his ear, gently whispering, "Logan."

First thing I see is him shiver, goosebumps running down his back and going throughout his whole body, then a second later his head jerks up towards mine.

Gasping in pain as his head collides with mine, tears rush into my eyes as I skedaddle away from him, my hands rushing to the place where his head had hit and cupping my right eye.

"Ow, ow, ow," I repeat in pain, feeling throbs around my eye. My bottom lip trembles and a few tears slip out.

I can hear Logan next to me. "Oh, my gosh, Alayna! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! Are you okay? Please tell me you're okay!" He grabs my arms and bends so he can look at my face while I'm hunched over. "Alayna, can I see it?" he asks softly.

My other eye can see him, and he looks stressed and anxious. To his question, I move my head up and uncover my eye.

Trying to look out of that eye is all a blurred mess, but the other one can see Logan as he looks at me. He gently touches the place around my eye with a few fingers. "Alayna, I am so sorry," he apologizes again.

"It's okay," I say, not liking the way he was looking. I try to smile. "I know you didn't mean to. I just wasn't expecting you to jump up like that."

He stiffens a little and a weird look comes onto his face, one I can't define. "I wasn't expecting you to whisper in my ear," he mumbles.

Not quite sure if I was supposed to hear that or not, my eyes quit tearing up (except of course for the swollen one) and I slide off the bed.

"Come on," I say, trying to get rid of the tense air. "You've hurt me enough today; let's go eat breakfast."

He grimaces and gets off the bed, letting his shirtless body come into view. "That's not funny, Laynes. I feel really bad."

I laugh, ignoring the pain in my eye from smiling. "Just come on."

He follows me in his shorts as I walk out of his room and down the stairs. When we enter the kitchen, we find that my parents are already here--my dad drinking coffee at the kitchen table while my mom flips pancakes. They both turn to us when we enter.

My mom immediately stops what she's doing and rushes to me looking concerned. She pushes my hair aside so she can get a better look. "Alayna, what happened to your eye? It's all red and swollen."