He looked at his phone.

"Baby, it's just Jazmine."
"Who is that?"
"The girl that works as a clerk, in the office."
"Why is she calling you bae then?!"
"We just play like that baby, calm down."
"Well I don't like that game!"
"Okay, I'll tell her to,stop calling me that, can you calm down?"
"Whatever Darren."

I started to turn but he grabbed my arm.

"Baby, I'm not cheating."
"How do I know that?"
"Because it's been eight damn years!"
"You cheated on me then."
"I was eighteen! I'm older now,I only want you."
"Okay, whatever."
"Mahagany-"

I cut him off.

"Your gonna be late for work, finish your shower."
"Don't brush me off like that Mahagany, that just pisses me off and you off and then we argue."
"Right now I don't even have the strength or the time to argue with you, I don't care what you do."
"What you trying to say?!"
"Nothing."

He stepped out of the shower and slipped on his boxers. I moved into our bedroom and started gathering my clothes to shower, but Dj stopped me.

"I swear Mahagany!"
"What!? You swear what?!"
"Tell what you meant by you don't care!"
"I don't care what you do! I'm tired of wondering are you being faithful! I don't want to deal with it anymore!"

He looked angry.

"So after eight years you wanna call it all off?"
"What's there to call off?! You haven't even proposed!"
"I told you I'd get you a fucking ring alright!"
"I just don't want a ring I want you to want to be with me forever and raise our daughter and have kids and be faithful!"
"Your the one that's pushing it on me to get married! I'm 22!"
"And? I'm 21! I've loved you for the last eight years of my life and you just can't see that."

I began to walk away but He grabbed my arm.

"Don't walk away from me girl!"
"Stop Darren your hurting me."

He squeezed tighter and I jerked away and pushed him and he retaliated. By slapping me across my face I could still feel the stinging shoot throw my face.

"See what you made me do!"

I stood on my feet slowly and began to walk to the bathroom silently as the tears rolled down my face.

"Mahagany you know I didn't mean to."

He said as I stepped in the bathroom. I took,out some cream and rubbed it on my bruised face. This wasn't the first time he hit me, nor the second. I have to get him mad enough, I have to get him so mad to where his only resort is hitting me to shut me up. He did it then, now, and he will probably get worse and do it forever, but I love him so much.

He stepped beside me and placed his lips on my cheek.

"I'll see you some time tonight. I love you."

He walked into the bedroom and I listened to him put on his clothes and talk to someone on the phone. Soon I heard the front door shut. I walked back into the room and looked at the window and saw him throw his things in his truck and sped down the road. I sighed and sat on the bed contemplating weather I should pack my stuff and Angels stuff and move out or should I stay and give him another chance. I didn't get to think much about it,because the door bell rang.

I slowly walked down stairs and asked who it was and it was a package. I opened the doors and my eyes widened.

"August!?"
"Mahagany!"
"You name my name? Why are you here? How did you get my address?"
"Um, okay. Yes I know your name, I'm here to bring you these flowers and saw sorry for bumping into you that night, and your friend Kayla told me."