3

Courtney's POV:

I looked at Scott worried about his answer. Why do I care?

He looked at me as if he was rethinking his answer. I nervously bit on my lip. I hoped that he would say yes. Not because I like him or anything! But, it's always nice to know that someone likes you.

"Come on, dude!" Geoff yelled. Scott looked like he was sick. I felt bad for him. Even though I was just dying to know the answer, I understood how awkward he felt. I had to get him out of this.

"You know what, Scott doesn't look so good. Maybe a short walk would help?" I suggested. I knew that was probably the lamest excused ever but hey! It worked! Nobody said anything. Scott stood up and walked out of the cabin and I followed.

"Hey, Scott!" I yelled after him trying to keep up. He was walking really fast.

"Hey," he awkwardly mumbled and looked down at the ground.

"Don't feel awkward, it's okay. I understand that you were put in a very uncomfortable situation. Duncan was just being a bitch." I say trying to comfort him. He looks up and smiles. Though I don't know why he did, I smiled back.

We started walking in the woods. It was a peaceful silence but he decided to break it, "so, what brings you to this crappy summer camp?" He asks.

"My mom forced me. Thought that it would help get some more friends my age." I explain. I added in the word more so I didn't sound like a loner, even though I was.

He nods, "well, I'm really glad your here."

I furrow my brows, "really? Why?"

He awkwardly scratches the back of his neck. I could tell that he regretted saying that, "because, um-your nice to be around."

I smiled, "thanks. So are you."

I was about to ask him why he was so awkward when he was asked if he wanted to kiss me or not but I have interrupted by the sound of Chris through the megaphones outside, "campers! It's dinner time! Head to the mess hall to be served dinner or don't and starve." He started laughing before his voice disappeared.

Me and Scott started walking to the mess hall together. We finally made it.  He. Walked over to his group of friends while I walked over to mine.