Chapter 8

I was really nervous about Tony. He is really nervous one day, and he tells me to stay away from him. Then the next day, he is really nice and welcoming, a bit too welcoming. I decided to find out what was wrong. But the thing was, I didn’t know where or what was wrong.  Maybe he was bipolar, like one day he’s really nice, and then the other he is really creepy. Yeah, that has to be it. Well that wasn’t very hard to figure out. Content with my analysis, I walked around the corner, and smacked right into Peyton. A very pissed off Peyton at that.  Oh…Crap…

                “What. The. Hell! In. What. World. Is it. SMART. To. Run. Off like that! Are. You. Brainless?” She harped. Yeah. Pissed off being the understatement off the century.

                “Hey. Calm down.  I’m perfectly fine. I just needed a little bit of space,” I looked around. People were staring. “Let’s just go home, and you can scream at me there.”

                “Ok,” she took a deep breath, “ok. I’m calm.” She gave me a shaky smile. I smiled back.

“Now, I am very sorry that I run off, but I talked to Tony. I think he’s bipolar. Is there any way that you could get his medical files? Just to check.” We were at my car now, and she opened the door for me. “Thanks.”

“No problem. And I guess that I can pull a few strings with some people at the FBI. I might be able to call in a few favors. No promises though. And no sneaking off again. How am I going to protect you if I’m not close enough to help?”

“Ok. I got it. No more sneaking out.”  All tension between us was gone, and the car ride back to my house was spent in comfortable silence. I really am glad that my bodyguard was fun. If I had a boring one, I would rather be kidnapped than have them stay around all day.

After I got home, I took a shower and got my pajamas on. I sat on my bed and opened up my laptop. I wanted to look up more things on people with bipolar disorder.  I saw many websites about being depressed or energetic, but none of it made sense to me. Tony was the most popular guy at school. Wouldn’t people notice how different he was, with his weird mood swings? Most people at my school shunned anything that was different. It just didn’t add up.

                I heard a knock on my door, and looked up to see Peyton standing in the doorway. “Hey. What’s that in your hand?”

                “Well, my friend got his medical records for me, but nowhere on here does it say that he has bipolar disorder.”

                “Damn. Well… there goes my theory.”

                “Kat, it could just be that he was so worried about you that he wasn’t thinking straight. He may just really love you.”

                “Yeah, you’re probably right. I mean, how much do I really know about love anyway. I’ve never felt it, and it might just really be another person that I don’t know.”

                “Kat, go to bed. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Thanks Peyton.” Man, Peyton is like a second mom to me. I really lucked out. And with that thought, I laid down.

~~~

What the heck is that noise? And what time is it? I opened my eyes to find the source of the annoying noise. My phone was vibrating. I looked at my clock. It’s 3:28. Who would be calling me in the middle of the night? I picked up my phone, and slid my finger across the screen. “Hello?”

                There was breathing on the other side of the line. Then a raspy voice spoke. “You will be mine. You are meant for me.”

                Now I was fully awake. I looked at the caller ID. The screen said Tony, but that sure as hell was not Tony. “Who is this?”

                “You know me, yet you don’t know who I am. Have fun trying to find me before I find you.” And with that, he hung up the phone.

                “Peyton!” I screamed.

                “What’s wrong?” She came running into my room. “What has happened?

                “Someone. Phone. Said. Going to find. Me.” Then I blacked out.

<><><><><><><><><> 

 Sooo… what’s up? Sorry that I haven’t been updating. I have been so busy with EOCTS and CRCT and finals that I have had absolutely no time to even start a chapter. I promise that the next one will be not next Saturday, but the Saturday after that.

Also, I have started a new book. It is called Thrown Around and Upside Down. The first chapter will be up Friday.

Vote, fan, comment… do something.

Thanks.

Lilhokie <3

P.S – So I know that this is a random statement but I am sitting here watching the Incredibles with my sister, and I started thinking Just because they out on a mask doesn’t mean that all of a sudden nobody knows who they are. Stupid, right?  Wow Pixar. You must have some real geniuses at your studio.

Anyways, bye.