Chapter 8

Infiltration

We buried her that day. Raw with newfound grief, we ignored our own wounds, and went straight to her. It wasn't enough, her burial. She was simply lying there, in the grass, in a concealed spot.

Rose lay, half-covered by flowers, her body barely visible under the decorations we had placed with her. She was young and sweet and pretty, and all that was clear now, perhaps more than ever. The single rose we had found we had placed in her hands, and the flower rested just below her chin. Her still red cheeks made it seem like she was only sleeping, very lightly, very peacefully. Her dark brown eyes had shut for the last time, and her similarity brown curls had been laid out perfectly around her. The cool, crisp air, still. Around her, the silence once again defeating. Behind a thick bush, in between to magnificent oak trees, that was where we left her. It felt like more of an abandonment.

Jamie's P.O.V

I couldn't see anything, but I could feel my hands tied together behind my back. They had placed some kind of sack over my face as soon as we had started to walk away. I remember hearing Roses voice, and a gunshot, but nothing else but silence after that. I presume that they had also placed a bag over Theo and Frost's heads, cutting off their sight as well.

I was still walking. It was really difficult to make sense of anything without my sight, it had always been what I relied on. My feet fumbled over each other in an attempt to keep up; our captors weren't walking slow. Where are they taking us? I really hope everyone else is okay.

Although I couldn't see, I tried to concentrate on where we could be using my hearing. A creaking suggested that we had just gone through a door, but it was hard to tell.

There were several conversations being had, I guess we are in the base area now. I tried to make out one of the conversations but everything was muffled.

"How many were there?" One said.

"9, maybe 10, got 3 here."

"Warned...shot.....probably dead."

"Knock 'um out and take 'um to the..."

I didn't hear anything else as I felt a heavy hit to my head, and I slipped out of consciousness.

Shot? Dead? Where were we now? These thoughts slipped continuously though my brain as I groggily opened my eyes. The bright light was painful, and I squeezed my eyes shut again. Inching them open a crack, I could just make out two faint silhouettes next to me, and two more outside what I presume was the door. Adjusting to the light I opened my eyes again, determined to make more sense of my surroundings.

I was in a dark room, with no lights. The door was barred, letting the light through, illuminating it. I was directly facing this door, which is why the sun was so bright. The room had no other doors or windows, presumably it was connected to other rooms on either side. I looked behind me again and could see Theo and Frost. They weren't awake yet, their heads hanging, eyes shut. Both of them were sat in the same position as me - knees bent so they faced upwards, our feet tied together, with our arms looped underneath our knees and tied together. This greatly restricted any movement. I could just make out a guard to left hand side of the barred door, his arm just visible; a set of keys by his waist.

My hands were closed into fists, an then encased by the metal, preventing me from opening my hand. Without the movement of my hand, I had no way of connecting to my power. My hands were vital to my ability to control plants; the only way I could connect to them and use them for my benefit. Without my hands, I was powerless - a regular human. Sadly, Theo was in the same position as me, his hands in fists and encased. He had to have the material he wanted to turn into in the palm of his hand, or he too was powerless. No way of escaping.