“I’m fine thanks,” Ellie replied.

     “That’s good to hear,” Will smiled, but on the inside it felt like a dagger had been stabbed through his heart. Even though he wanted her to be happy, the selfish side of him wanted her to be terribly unhappy without him in her life.

     “Yes,” Ellie finally said, “I better get going,” She stood up and was about to step down the stairs before Will stopped her. “What?” She asked,

     “I’m really glad to hear that you’re happy now,” He lied.

    Ellie just nodded at him, and carried on down the stairs. Will followed her, he heard her thank the bus driver for the ride, and Will did the exact same thing. He followed her into school, and Ellie seemed too realise as they reached the canteen.

     “Will you quit stalking me?” She asked, “You don’t need me, you have your own friends’.”

    I do need you. Will thought to himself, he just smiled at her.

     “Well? Scram,” Ellie shook her hand at him, motioning him to go away.

    “You don’t mean that, I mean, look at how hot I am.” Will winked at her,

     “Ha-ha, please. Get over yourself,” Ellie pushed his chest away from her, before turning around and walking down the hall again.

     “Nah, I’m alright thanks” Will said,

     “You’re even getting the attitude of a popular,” She fake coughed, “I’m allergic.”

     Will laughed, but didn’t say a word. The bell rang and they both made their way to Geography, Will trailed behind Ellie as she refused to walk with him.

    Is she serious? Will asked himself. She won’t even walk with me now... What if she is over me? No, no. Not that easily, she’s probably just playing it cool; but what if...

    The what if question, the most dreadful question of all. Everyone hates them, no doubt about it. But as they arrived at their first lesson, Will kept a smile on his face. There sure was progress between the two; she actually started speaking to him again after telling him she wasn’t going to. Will prayed for the best, and sat down in his seat opposite his first and only love.

 Chloe had her earphones in, and she sang out loud. “Do you think about me when you're all alone? The things we used to do, we used to be. I could be the one to make you feel that way; I could be the one to set you free.”

    Will recognized the song, and knew it was I could be the one by Avicii. He thought of Ellie as Chloe sang, the lyrics reminded him of her. He looked up at the blonde haired, blue eyed beauty.

     “Ellie,” Will started, before being cut off by his Father that suddenly walked into the room.

     “Shhh,” Ellie replied with her right index finger on her lips.

     “Right class,” Harry started, “Chloe take your earphones out, and Jasmine can you pass out the sheets?”

     “Yes sir,” Chloe and Jasmine replied.

    Will and Ellie sat there staring at each other, until Ellie broke the silence.

    “Stop staring at me, freak.”

     Ouch, that hurt, Will thought to himself.

    “You must be a freak too, Miss Wardle.” Will grinned,

    “And how did you work that out, Mr. Smith?” Ellie raised an eyebrow fiercely,

    “Well you were also staring at me, Elle.” Will replied.

     “Don’t call me Elle,” Ellie demanded,

     “What will you do?” Will asked.

      Ellie grunted, and ignored his question. She looked away from him angrily, but Will just kept looking right at her.

      My god, I just want to kiss her. Will tensed his eyebrows, causing lines in his forehead.

     “Something wrong, William?” His Father asked,

     “No, Mr. Smith” Will replied.

     “Ha-ha, he called you William” Chloe laughed,

     Harry scowled at Chloe, “Sorry sir,” She apologized.

     “William is only a name, Miss. Dane” Harry said,

     “I know, yeah. But he likes being called Will,” Chloe back chatted.

     “I can call him whatever I want, Chloe.” Harry replied,

     “Okay, sir.” Chloe rolled her eyes, before looking down at the assessment sheet.

     “You’re giving us another assessment, really?” Jasmine frowned,

     “Last one, Jasmine. Trust me,” Harry smiled.

     “Thank god,” She replied.

     Will looked down at the assessment and his mind went completely blank.

    Oh no… Will thought to himself,

    “Don’t forget to write your name on the top, and begin when you are ready.” Harry announced.

     Will picked up his pen, turned the page and began the test.

What did you think of this chapter? Tell me in the comments bar below. 

And check out the gif of Ellie's friend, Max, in the right side bar. 

Much loveX - Ellie :-)