°☆Two☆°

Song: Avicii - Wake Me Up (doddleoddle cover)
Kobi's POV

"Agh," I hold a hand to my pounding head, "my head feels like it might explode. Oh no even my own voice hurts!"

"Then you should shut up," I hear a rustling near me and open my eyes to see a glass of water, aspirin and two very angry hazel eyes staring down at me.

"Oh no," I whisper downing the aspirin, the acidy after taste lingering as I stutter, "what did I do?"

"You really don't remember? Wow you'd think even drunk off your arse you'd remember doing something like that," he crosses his arms after handing me a plate of greasy bacon, toast and tomato sauce sandwiches.

"N... No and thank you," I get out mid bite.

"Oh Kobi," he sighs and brushes his died black hair out of his bright eyes and flashes me a look that is part depressed and part dissapointed.

Crap. SHIT. DAMMIT. What the hell did I do?! I don't swear often, even in my head, but the moment calls for it so...

"Let's just say you did some very stupid things and almost got kidnapped and date raped and I..." He sighs again, anger giving way to saddness. He sits next to me on the edge of the bed, "Look Kobi... I'm happy to take care of you so you can get tipsy in fact you're a sort of cute drunk but... If you do drugs again I can't-"

"-Drugs?!" I interrupt him, surely I wouldn't... Knowing what I do about his family.

"I mean it was just weed but I..." He rests his head lightly in his palms and shakes his head gently... I notice a tear trailing down his cheek.

"Li... Link," I try to touch his arm but he flinches away from me.

"I... I thought I was going to feel better about... I thought I was healing but after last night I'm," he looks at the posters plastering my bedroom wall and lets the next part off in a hushed sad rush, "not so sure. I feel so lost again..."

"I was just... I'm so sorry Link," I try to hug him but he backs away, this time standing up and heading backwards into the door.

Link's POV

I can't look at him... I know he didn't really have good judgement about what he was doing at the time but he was still... I know he was sober and clean enough to have an idea... To have some ounce of self control. But that's not what's bothering me.

I see her face as if she's standing in front of me, smiling in a yellow sundress. When she was still happy she looked like this... Until after my dad left...

I scream at the sky as I walk down the street. No one will care. People are kind here... Well most of them are anyway, I think remembering the incident with the two boys from last year and all the harsh words thrown my way.

I trace the little scars down my arms as I reach my house and I'm still tracing them when I reach my room. It's been four months since I cut.

I sigh audibly, open the little box on my dresser table and tear into my skin again... Four months down the drain.

Tobi's POV

I knock lightly on the old oak doors, "Link? Link please we need to talk."

I hear shuffling and after a long few minutes he slowly opens the door letting out the coffee smell that always permeates through his home.

"You want to talk?" He whispers, eyes covered by his fringe and cheeks stained from the path of tears.

"Link I... Are you wearing a sweater? In summer... No Link... Please tell me you didn't..." All he does is nod as I pull him into a hug, absorbing a fresh burst of his tears into my t-shirt.