The Solution

"Sir, we have multiple bogies converging on our starboard flank," Hill says.

"Show 'em what we got," he says, hiding a smirk.

"You're up," Hill says into her earpiece.

War Machine and Falcon fly out of the clouds, taking out the robots. "Yes! Now this is gonna be a good story."

"Right?!" Sam agrees.

"Yup," Tony flies up next to him. "If you live to tell it."

"You think I can't hold my own?"

"We get through this, I'll hold your own."

"You had to make it weird."

Helpers climb off the boats as Steve comes up. "Donovan! I got about fifty to one hundred more coming in after this group."

"Alright! Let's load them up!"

"Alright, here we go. Here we go, let's move," Clint says. The Avengers direct the fearful people to the lifeboats, trying to get them off as soon as possible.

"Number six boat is topped and locked. Or, uh, stocked, topped, s, it, it's, uh, full of people," the computer boy stutters.

An alarm goes off as a robot crashes through the front. "Incoming!" Hill says. She pulls out her gun and starts to shoot it. Nick grabs some debris and stabs it in the face, shutting it down.

"You think you're saving anyone?" Ultron asks, attacking Thor. "I turn that key and drop this rock a little early and it's still billions dead. Even you can't stop that."

Thor struggles to remove Ultron's hand from around his neck. "I am Thor, son of Odin, and as long as there is life in my breast, I am, running out of things to say! Are you ready?" As Ultron looks around, Vision smacks him in the face, sending him back a few dozen feet. Mjolnir returns to Thor.

"It's terribly well balanced," Vision comments.

"Well, if there's too much weight, you lose power on the swing, so," Thor explains.

"I got it! Create a heat seal. I can, I can supercharge the spire from below," Tony theorizes.

"Running numbers," Friday replies. "A heat seal could work with enough power."

"Thor, I got a plan!"

"We're out of time. They're coming for the core," Thor says.

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier."

"On it!" he answers.

"Avengers, time to work for a living."

The Avengers all converge at the key. "You good?" Pietro asks.

"Yeah," his sister answers.

"Romanoff," Tony starts. "You and Banner better not be playing hide the zucchini."

"Relax, Shell-head. Not all of us can fly." Natasha drives a plow through the streets, getting to the church. "What's the drill?"

"This is the drill," Tony points. "If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose."

Ultron flies up before the group. "Is that the best you can do?" Thor shouts.

Hundreds of robots come from around Ultron. "You had to ask," Steve chastises.

"This is the best I can do," Ultron says. "This is exactly what I wanted. All of you against all of me. How can you possibly hope to stop me?"

"Well," Tony says. "Like the old man said. Together." The robots come at the Avengers and one by one are destroyed. Not one reaches the core. Ultron comes in to get the core but Vision stops him. Ultron is blasted with the mind stone, quickly followed by Thor's lightning and Tony's hand repulsors.