Chapter 16 - The Rising Sun

Start from the beginning

"It's not that bad, you're hanging out with the awesome me."

"It's four in the damn morning."

"So, we have a surprise for our new family member."

"Ugh, you're still mad aren't you?"

"Ja, he is," Ludwig mutters, grabbing your arm and pulling you away from his brother. Gilbert shoots both of you a hurt look that quickly turns to one of a person pairing two people together...a shipper look. Just great.

"Can someone please tell me what the heck's going o-" Ludwig places a single finger in front of your mouth before leaning down and whispering into your ear.

"It's a surprise, just wait."

You sigh.

"Why am I the third wheel?" Gilbert groans not letting the conversation die out.

"Well I guess it's my turn for once," Ludwig mumbles, pulling you a bit closer.

"You were twenty-two and single, that is a sign."

"Well Gilbert, that's fate. But maybe you'll find someone," you reply.

"Or he could stay a loner forever," Ludwig said with a smirk, Gilbert made his move by grabbing your other arm and tugging you his direction.

"I doubt Y/N can resist my charms, do you really want me to unleash my full awesomeness?!"

"Oh god," you mumble as Ludwig opens his mouth to retort.

Slipping easily out of the two men's grasps, you go back to watching their backs and drinking your coffee. Which was empty, so you were just walking and pretending to be productive.

"Y/N, tell Ludwig that I am awesome and that it isn't something to argue about." Gilbert suddenly goes, wrapping an arm around your neck and pulling you closer to him than necessary.

Dragging you forward to Ludwig's side, Gilbert starts to poke you.

"Gilbert's awesome and it isn't something up for debate," you state bluntly with a heavy sigh. Gilbert has this stupid smile on his face and Ludwig looks like he's about to slug him.

Tossing your cup away into a trash can, Ludwig and Gilbert point at a small road that leads out of town.

"It will take some time to walk, but the reward is amazing," Ludwig says as all three of you start down the hard, dirt path. Your feet sink into the layer of snow.

"Is the reward allowing me to go back to sleep?" you mumble, rubbing your eyes again. The coffee wasn't kicking in, it was getting annoying.

"Nope," both brothers said in perfect harmony.

"Oh no, they're starting to harmonize. The worlds ending," you reply jokingly, and both brothers burst out into laughter.

"Maybe this will wake you up!" Gilbert grabs your cloak and rips it off, he takes off down the path and the reality of how damn cold it was hits you.

"Hey! It's freaking cold! Give it back!" you scream taking off after Gilbert. As you start to catch up Gilbert bundles your cloak into a ball and throws it over your head to Ludwig.

You turn shooting Ludwig a glare.

"Sorry Y/N, but not this time," he replies with a smile and a shrug. And by the time you reach your destination, your limbs are buzzing with an itchy feeling from all the warming up and cooling down.