Chapter 2

I immediately change clothes from my baggy shorts and my very loose t shirt to my uniform. As soon as I’m done with the tie, I grab my school bag and went out of the locker room and went to my class. This is really it. I wonder what my classmates will look like. Of course, humans.When I opened the door, everybody stopped what they were doing. They were all shocked; did they just see a ghost? When I closed it again, they continued what they were doing. I wrote my name on the board and introduced myself. No one seems to be interested with their new mate here. What the?! All the boys are very wild, they’re all throwing papers to each other, some are eating, some are talking and some are sleeping. What a class I am in to. Pff.

“Ahemmm!” I cleared my throat. Still I’ve got no attention from them. “Hi, I’m Andy Stone, as you can see I’m your new in your school and I’m from New York.” I smiled and what the hell? It seems that I’m invisible to their eyes.

I saw a vacant seat near the window and there, I sat. I was just looking around with everybody and though they’re very wild and childish, I think… they are good classmates.

“Hi newbie.” A guy talked to me. Of course, why would a girl talk to me? The fact that I’M THE ONLY GIRL in this campus.Pfff. “I’m Lyndon. Nice to meet you Andy.” He introduced himself.

Lyndon is a chill guy whom I think loves soccer because he’s holding one, has a really jolly personality and a cheeky one and he seem nice. His hair is like a little bit quiff but not that quiff. He has a bit tanned skin. I gave a smile to him and introduced myself too.

“Andy, nice to meet you too Lyndon.”

“I’m sorry if our classmates are like this, there are really like that from the start. You’ll get use to them when you stay here.” He told me and looked at room playing with his soccer ball.

                                                                        ******

The teacher arrived and began his lesson. Our first subject is Mathematics. I listened to the prof at the same time wandering my eyes to the whole room. I just noticed this, there’s and empty seat in front of me. I poked Lyndon with my pen and asked him who sits in front of me.

“Who sits here?” I barely whisper. Before Lyndon answered me, someone opened the door and we all looked at the direction to where the door is.

“Him.” Lyndon answered me. I was really surprised. Guess who I saw?! OMG, NIALL HORAN! I can’t believe this, he’s my classmate and we’ll be classmates for the rest of the year and he’s seated in front of me.

“Late again Mr. Niall?” the prof said while he was holding the chalk on his hand. The teacher marked him late.

Niall’s face seems to be problematic. I watch his every step, his bag pack on his left shoulder, his hair a bit mess up, his height and his gestures. My jaw slightly dropped when I saw him walk towards me. When he arrives in his seat, he stared at me and gave a snob. What a snob. I thought to myself. He took his seat and didn’t say a word.

“Hey Niall, why are you late?” a classmate asked. His face is kinda look bossy and really feels like he’s on top; superior to everyone.

Niall didn’t answer. He just looked at him, his face frowning and put his attention to the teacher.

“Aww come on. You’ve been acting so different ever since you got your injury.” He laughed. I immediately stand up against his words.

“Hey you! Don’t talk to him like that!” my voice was heard in the whole room. “You have your own life and so does Niall. So you just shut up and mind your own life!” I almost cranked up when the prof stopped me.

“Sit down Mr. Stone!” he yelled. I calmed myself down and Lyndon talked to me.

“Whoa, chill mate! Harold is always like that. He’s a high jumper too like Niall. That’s Niall’s rival in high jump. His name is pshhhhhhhhhhh…… Brian Evans.” Lyndon told me that. Ow that’s the thing… tsk

Brian stared at me and gave a grin at my face. He’s so freaking not hot. Niall’s the only one I can see.

“Andy, don’t bother him.” He continued. Lyndon is really nice. He’s my first friend in this country.

                                                                        *****

Classes are over. It was time for me to go to my dormitory. I was bringing my bags and walking slowly towards the dorm.

“ANDY!” Lyndon called. “You’re going to the dorm already?” he asked. Lyndon is so energetic.

“You know what, there’s something about you that is mysterious.” He wondered.  I begin to feel nervous and gulped. “You seem so soft!” he laughed and touched my torso using his both hands.

HEY!” I shouted. I immediately took off his hands on my chest. “Why that hell are you doing?!” I told him. He just laughed and apologize as if nothing happened.

“From now on, I’ll call you Softy.” He laughed out loud and punched my shoulder. “Come on, I’ll send you to your dorm. What dorm are you in?” he asked.

“Principal Spencer told me I will stay in Dorm 2.” I answered him while holding the key to my room. “Room 301.” I told him.

“Oh!! We have the same dorm! Yippee! And oh! That room!” he whirled. Wow. Haha he’s so funny, like he doesn’t care about the world.

“How many dorms are there?”

“There are 3 dorms. Every dorm has its dorm leader and every leader is bossy. Every year, we have a competition… the 3 dorms compete in different sports. We won the athletics day last year. There is really a big rivalry in every single dorm. Each dorm prepare for this every year. No one wants to be the loser. But this year, we will still be the defending champion! Bwahahahhahahahah!” he told me that and I came to wonder, this year is going to be memorable.

“Do you know who my roommate is?” I asked him.

“You’ll know when we get there. Oh, we’re here!!” he yelled. He opened the room and I tell you, the room is so big!!! And I’m staying on top. It’s like a duplex style. What is so cool about my room is that it has stairs to get up to my bed.

“Wow Lyndon this is so cool!!” I laughed and jumped on the bed.

“Yeah. Well I better go now, if you need anything, I’m just a room ahead.” He went out and closed the door. I went down and looked around. I wonder who my roommate is. This room is quite sad… it doesn’t have any happy ambiance.

“Maybe, if I arrange this… it’ll look better.” I smiled and got my things out from my bags. I’m arranging my things now. I placed my sanitary needs beneath my clothes so that it won’t be obvious.

After a few hours of arranging my things, I finally got my picture of Niall with is medals from the recent Olympics. I stick it on the wall using my tape. I gave a sweet smile and I heard my stomach grumble.

“I’ll be back!” I winked at his picture and went out of the room happily.

After I ate some sandwich from the cafeteria, I walk around the campus. I went over to the oval and I can see students practicing. I wonder if Niall is there… I sighed and put my hands in my pockets. As I continue to walk, I saw a wood with some words written on it.

“I am good” I read. I saw another wood which is I think part of the phrase… “Just don’t go near me.” I saw few more signs that surrounded the area.

‘OFF LIMITS’, ‘GET AWAY, I BITE!’ ‘KEEP OFF’

I heard a dog barking and I was shocked because I saw a dog running towards me. I immediately walked backwards and shout.

“Ahhhh!!!” I yelled again. This ‘white polar dog’ is attacking me. But it ended up licking at my face. “Eww..” I groaned. Some students were terrified when they saw me, some of them whispered to each other… Finally this ‘white polar dog’ stopped licking me. He began to bark and likes me.

“What is wrong with this dog?” I asked.